Emby Live TV Service Provider

General talk about ARGUS TV
MadibaJ

Emby Live TV Service Provider

Post by MadibaJ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 am

I've bee considering switching from mediaportal to Emby. I've installed a trial on another PC and I like the usability and feel of it (no matter what I try I cannot get Kodi to give me a decent picture quality so Kodi is not an option).

When looking at Embys plugins and the Live TV service providers, Argus Is not an option which really surprised me. Emby seems to be growing rapidly and with Plex not pursuing the live TV option Emby is my preferred solution, I'm sure this must be the same for others. A lot of the other providers mediaportal, nextpvr, dvbblink offer the Emby plugin.

Is this an opportunity missed as I have previously tried other backends and in my opinion Argus is best? Is there a plan to offer Argus TV as a Emby service provider?

Griffo

Re: Emby Live TV Service Provider

Post by Griffo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:07 am

Another vote for Emby support. MP seems to be.. dying. Kodi seems to be a mess when it comes to LiveTV support, whereas Emby seems to have mass amounts of development being thrown at it.

wayloncovil

Re: Emby Live TV Service Provider

Post by wayloncovil » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:41 am

I've installed Emby and played with it very little.
One thing I find attractive about Emby is the guide that they have built that uses Schedules Direct and the HD Homerun. I haven't tried it but the screenshots look good.
From a front end perspective, that combination is probably the most attractive I've seen in any application so far.