Transcode Live TV?

General talk about ARGUS TV
ctrlz

Transcode Live TV?

Post by ctrlz » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Is it possible to apply processing commands to live tv?

Basically I'm using Argus as a TV server with several Kodi clients on different OSs. With some channels on some clients I'm experiencing playback problems which seem to be caused by the video bitrate of the stream.

So I thought I would try standardising the format before streaming it to each client (to a format that I know works on all clients).

I set up a new processing command to use ffmpeg to transcode the stream (using the %%FILE2%% variable) and set it to run when the recording starts.

I don't believe it's being applied when live TV streaming starts though. The stream isn't transcoded and if I do a test by entering an invalid path to the ffmpeg exe, there are no errors or anything to suggest that it's trying to run the processing command but failing.

Am I simply trying to do something that isn't possible?

rudig

Re: Transcode Live TV?

Post by rudig » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

You could try to transcode the stream that is started.
I've tried it and failed, but I still think it should be possible.

Also look at articles for mediabrowser in which a lot of information on this topic can be found

ctrlz

Re: Transcode Live TV?

Post by ctrlz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 am

Yes transcoding the stream is exactly what I'm trying to do. It fails, but only in the sense that nothing happens at all. I can't seem to persuade Argus to run the processing command against a live stream at all.

I found a MediaBrowser thread that deals with transcoding the stream for the MB Argus plugin, but nothing relating to this particular situation.