Ceton InfiniTV6 Support? Not detected in Recorder Console

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
moronim

Ceton InfiniTV6 Support? Not detected in Recorder Console

Post by moronim » Fri May 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi There -

I'm interested to know if there is a way to use the native ArgusTV Recorder with the Ceton InfiniTV PCIe tuner card. For those not familiar with the InfiniTV product, this card is used for digital cable with an M-Card. From a consumer perspective this is similar to the HDHR.

I realize that this card is not listed under the list of supported cards for ArgusTV, but I hope that there are others who may have got this working somehow.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

brian.campo

Re: Ceton InfiniTV6 Support? Not detected in Recorder Conso

Post by brian.campo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 am

Also interested in this. Has anyone been able to get this working?

cfarence

Post by cfarence » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:01 am

I haven't been able to get the Argus Recorder to find the Ceton cards. Currently I have it going through Mediaportal TV server. It works, most of the time but sometimes it seems like Mediaportal gives up and says I don't want to work. Causing No Turners available errors. I wish support would be added directly into Argus but for not it works.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:11 pm

cfarence wrote:I haven't been able to get the Argus Recorder to find the Ceton cards. Currently I have it going through Mediaportal TV server. It works, most of the time but sometimes it seems like Mediaportal gives up and says I don't want to work. Causing No Turners available errors. I wish support would be added directly into Argus but for not it works.
Hey cfarence
I think, for the time being, it's the best way to use MediaPortal TVServer in combination with Argus.
The recorder code of Argus is currently not public and changes can't be done. In addition, there's currently no active developer team within Argus.
But MePo TVServer should always find your tuner cards, not just "every now and then". Could you try setting the services of Argus Scheduler and MePo TVServer to a "delayed start" and report back?

I guess, you're running WIn10?

GReetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:23 pm

without Recorder console code isnt possibile to look and create proof of concepts for other tunertypes called as networktuner

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Hey, dear Kay! I knew you would read it and answer :-)

You're right, but I think, this is not the main issue with Argus - as we could live for the time being with a MediaPortal TVServer...
Kay Diefenthal wrote:without Recorder console code isnt possibile to look and create proof of concepts for other tunertypes called as networktuner
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)