HDHomerun and HD channel scan

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
jeffski10

HDHomerun and HD channel scan

Post by jeffski10 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:36 pm

So, after a few years of running the same stable windows 7 set up with quad tuner I've decided to scle down the hardware in the lounge and with that invested in an HDHomerun. All good in terms of recognising the device except it just will not add the terrestrial HD channels. The SD DVB channels are added fine but Argus won't scan in the HD ones.
The HDhomerun app finds them and I even set up WMC to check it could and all is good.

Any ideas anyone? When I run a scan it skips through the frequencies really quickly. I even tried updating the errestrial.xml to be a specific one for the crystal palace transmitter but it made no difference.

Jeff

Server: Windows 7, Argus recorder, Silicon Dust tuners
Clients: Openelec on a Pi and Gigabyte Brix

jeffski10

Re: HDHomerun and HD channel scan

Post by jeffski10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:33 pm

So as an update this this I have managed to get the HDHomerun to tune fine on WMC and in TVHeadend so it looks like this may be the end of my time with Argus.... Shame

**Edit ** also seems that Mediaportal won't find the HD either so makes it more interesting.

Server: Windows 7, Argus recorder, Silicon Dust tuners
Clients: Openelec on a Pi and Gigabyte Brix

brucetp

Post by brucetp » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:24 pm

jeffski10 wrote:So, after a few years of running the same stable windows 7 set up with quad tuner I've decided to scle down the hardware in the lounge and with that invested in an HDHomerun. All good in terms of recognising the device except it just will not add the terrestrial HD channels. The SD DVB channels are added fine but Argus won't scan in the HD ones.
The HDhomerun app finds them and I even set up WMC to check it could and all is good.

Any ideas anyone? When I run a scan it skips through the frequencies really quickly. I even tried updating the errestrial.xml to be a specific one for the crystal palace transmitter but it made no difference.

Jeff
I have OTA channels working EXCEPT the scan doesn't find any of the lower channels. Specifically under Channel 7. The HDHomeRun config app finds the lower channels without an issue. Perhaps it the way that Argus Scans? I'm new to Argus and finally got it working for all other channels, but this may be a deal breaker... anybody have any ideas?

I found the frequencies for the HDHomeRun (https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2335) in case it's helpful.

phppro

Post by phppro » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm

did you ever get this figured out? I am having a very similar problem. The HDHomeRun Steup screen finds 41 channels, but argus only finds 5.