Removing Channels

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Griffo

Removing Channels

Post by Griffo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:41 am

One downside to Argus being so stable is you rarely touch is, so i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

Long story short, my commercial XMLTV provider went broke, so I had to find another source, and was playing with both EPG and Webgrab to get guide data. I stupidly chose to also do a re-scan for new services and have ended up with a bunch of TV channels I don't want. Im not sure if the import of the XML TV has somehow screwed it up or contributed.

So I have
a) selected the services I don't want and made sure that they are unlinked
b) selected the services I don't want and used the "Hide Service" button
c) In the Channels section, made sure that both 'Grab EPG" and "Show in EPG" are NOT selected for these channels
d) stopped "Grab EPG" for all channels is NOT selected
e) cleared the EPG Cache dozens of times

Yet they persist in showing in the guide. Have I missed something?

Griffo

Re: Removing Channels

Post by Griffo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:38 am

OK figured out that you delete channels in the scheduler.. what exactly does "Hide" and "include in guide" do if it's then ignored?

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:27 am

Presume you're talking about IceTV?

If you change to the over the air EIT guide (which I use), it's a good idea to edit your recordings to change the show title from 'equals' to 'begins with', that way you won't get caught out by them adding "premiere", "season finale" or "includes a sneak peak..", etc.

You'll find the timing is much more accurate than IceTV (e.g. the start time will be 8:34pm & finish time 9:37pm & it will be near spot on), but there is no repeat info, & you have the title issues above.

Griffo

Post by Griffo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Yeah it was IceTV going broke that started all this. I switched to WebGrab++ building an XMLTV guide from yourtv.com.au and it worked "ok" but there was no episode names for most shows. Not a big issue but I use MCEBuddy to re-encode everything and place into season\episode format, so the metadata lookup no longer worked.

Luckily Ice is back online :-)