Seeking advice with "distributed roles" setup

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
rimmon1971

Seeking advice with "distributed roles" setup

Post by rimmon1971 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello everybody from Italy, this is my first post here: I'm just starting with Argus TV and I have some "environmental" constraints.
I have two "TV antenna outlets", the main one being in the living room, the second in my "home office" room; best TV signal comes from the "main" outlet, so I'd like to put the "Recorder" machine there.
Of course I'll be mainly viewing TV recordings (as well as other media contents) while being in the "living room", so the "Recorder" machine should be a "Client" too.
However, in my "home office" room sits a (noisy) Intel i5 machine with 32Gb RAM, 1Tb SATA3 WD10EZEX internal drive and two 2Tb USB3.0 drives that will be arranged with Storage Spaces in mirror mode, to secure home documents, photos and videos as well as virtual machine's VHDs.
I wonder if it's possible to run SQL server + Scheduler + Client + Whatever role on the i5 machine while using an old Core2Duo 7500 with 4Gb RAM and 250Gb disk as "Recorder + Client" machine.
The SQL server installation will be used to hold a Sharepoint database instance (for a 2012 r2 VM) in addition to the Argus TV's database.
Of course, being a little "power consumption"-conscious, I'll configure both machines to sleep while not being actively used: is it possible, while retaining the "scheduled recording" functionality?

Thanks in advance
Best regards