How can i define the priority of the tuners for live tv?

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Steffen_

How can i define the priority of the tuners for live tv?

Post by Steffen_ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:33 am

Hi,

first of all sorry for my english it must be horrible...

I have a problem how i can define which TV-Card has the highest priority.
Since a long time only one Cine S2 card is working very well with ArgusTV. Now i have additionally a Cine C2 V7 in my system, the channels are merged und all channels should use first the Cine S2 and only if the Cine S2 has no free tuners ArgusTV should use the tuners of the Cine C2 card.

The ArgusTV Recorder Console (i am using Version 2.3) let me set under Cards the priority. Unfortunately this have only effects for the coming records and not for live TV?!
So what can i do? Where can i adjust this?

Das ganze jetzt auch nochmal auf Deutsch ;-)
Seit längerer Zeit setze ich ArgusTV ein (aktuell 2.3) und es läuft recht problemlos. Jetzt ist eine Cine C2 V7 zusätzlich ins System gekommen, die einzelnen in Frage kommenden Sender wurden zusammengefasst und ich möchte die Priorität festlegen welcher Tuner von welcher TV-Karte zuerst verwendet wird.
In der ArgusTV Concole kann man ja unter Cards die Priorität einstellen. Dies hat aber leider nur Auswirkungen auf anstehende geplante Aufnahmen.
Sobald Live-TV ins Spiel kommt (sei es über die Funktion Live-TV in der ArgusTV Scheduler Konsole oder über Kodi) wird immer erst die Cine C2 angesprochen obwohl die beiden Tuner der Cine S2 in der Liste ganz oben stehen:-(

An welcher Stellschraube muß/kann ich drehen?

Regards
Steffen

elsmandino

Re: How can i define the priority of the tuners for live tv?

Post by elsmandino » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi Steffen,

First of all, your English is pretty good - ziemlich besser als mein Deutsch!

The Recorder Console is used to prioritise both Live TV Recordings at the same time (see under the heading "Card Order") - it uses the same priority list.

http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... ole,_Cards

Ultimately, put the Cards you prefer to record from at the top and those for live TV at the bottom.

This is a clever method as it maximises the chance that you will avoid a clash between a tuner being used for recording and that for live TV but gives preference to recordings when there is a clash.

Hope that helps - let me know if you need any further help.

Steffen_

Post by Steffen_ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 am

Hi,

thank you for the compliments.

I didn't know the articel in your wiki. Now I understand the order in which the tuner are be used and i put now one of the tuner of the Cine S2 on top and the second one to bottom. In the middle both tuner of the Cine C2 are placed.
Is there possible a option with what i can start ArgusTV to use the same priority für live-TV and recordings?

Regadrs
Steffen

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Steffen_ wrote: Is there possible a option with what i can start ArgusTV to use the same priority für live-TV and recordings?
Hi Steffen - if you uncheck the checkbox "Swap recorders priority..." in the Schedulers Settings, they both use the same order.
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (2.93 KiB) Viewed 9273 times
Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)