EPG data never appears for certain channels

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
cybersheep

EPG data never appears for certain channels

Post by cybersheep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi All.

I had to reinstall Argus TV some months ago. I did a full uninstall followed by reinstall - so I rescanned services, added new channels etc.

Since the install, Argus is mostly working OK, except that I have no EPG data for a couple of channels. I'm in the UK, and BBC Two is one channel that exhibits this issue - it has no EPG data. I can watch the channel OK, and argus shows now/next info in one of the console applications, but it never gets the full 7 day EPG.

BBC Two is set to "Grab EPG" is checked as is "show in guide", just the same as all my other channels. The channel is also linked to the "guide channel"

Can anyone suggest why it not be working, and how I may be able to resolve it please?

I'm not using any external EPG grabbers, just what's built into Argus

I have the same issue for E4. However other channels including BBC One and Channel 4 have no problem.

I appreciate the channels i'm mentioning are UK specific, but any help appreciated. (if it's relevant i'm using Freesat)

Cheers, Rich.

cybersheep

Re: EPG data never appears for certain channels

Post by cybersheep » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 am

after wondering about this for weeks, the day after I posted here, I think I've figured it out myself, so am posting the solution in case anyone else has the same issue.

Seems there's 4 x instances of BBC Two 'service', all of which are FTA and viewable, but which had three different service IDs. I found a PDF online from BBC which showed their current Freesat service IDs, I changed my BBC Two to link with the service ID they stated, and now the epg has populated :-)

so that's fixed my immediate issues, but for future reference, does anyone know where I could find a complete list of all the Service IDs in use bythe UK's Freesat please?