HDHomerun - Signal not locked

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
SQLDBA

Re: HDHomerun - Signal not locked

Post by SQLDBA » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:47 am

Strange that you're getting this...I've got an HDHomeRun running on Windows 10 (patched to latest and greatest) that was working just fine until this morning when inexplicably Argus will not tune to anything. I've tried deleting my scan database and rescanning from scratch but Argus isn't finding anything anymore. I changed nothing about my working configuration and all of a sudden it's broken.

The HDHomeRun tools can scan and find channels just fine so this is starting to look like something Argus related to me...

SQLDBA

Post by SQLDBA » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:48 pm

SQLDBA wrote:Strange that you're getting this...I've got an HDHomeRun running on Windows 10 (patched to latest and greatest) that was working just fine until this morning when inexplicably Argus will not tune to anything. I've tried deleting my scan database and rescanning from scratch but Argus isn't finding anything anymore. I changed nothing about my working configuration and all of a sudden it's broken.

The HDHomeRun tools can scan and find channels just fine so this is starting to look like something Argus related to me...
And this morning I figured it out - Windows Firewall issue. Somehow my network connection type changed from Private to Public and the rules I had set to allow Argus were only configured for private.

Might want to double check your firewall settings if you're hitting the same issue.

SQLDBA

Post by SQLDBA » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Oh and one other thing...I've got an HDHR-3 and a while back found that any software version newer than 20141210 somehow causes tuning problems for Argus (latest firmware for the HDHomeRun is fine). I went back to 20141210 on the software after running into that issue and everything has run like a champ since (sans the firewall issue).

So if you're having tuning problems try reverting to an earlier version of the HDHomeRun software.

michael123

Post by michael123 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 am

Hey :)

I already tried to disable FW but nevertheless argustv is allowed to be used on all network types and it runs on a server environment which doesn't change anything "automatically".

Could you upload the old 20141210 somewhere? I want to give it a try, but it seems not to be available anymore on silicondust homepage.

SQLDBA

Post by SQLDBA » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:54 pm

michael123 wrote:Could you upload the old 20141210 somewhere? I want to give it a try, but it seems not to be available anymore on silicondust homepage.
You just need to manipulate the download URL to get the version you want. 20141210 is at http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomer ... 141210.exe

If you want a different version then plug in the one you're looking for from the software change log at https://www.silicondust.com/support/dow ... changelog/.