bug: timeshifted playback stops when all tuners in use

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
cybersheep

bug: timeshifted playback stops when all tuners in use

Post by cybersheep » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi All.

I've noticed an issue where timeshifted playback stops when both my tuners come into use, even though I see no reason for timeshifted playback to stop until the buffer is exhausted.

Example steps to reproduce:
1. using dual tuner setup
2. Two programs are scheduled to start recording at e.g. 9pm on BBC 2 and BBC 3
3. Time is 8:30pm and I'm a watching program on BBC 1 which is scheduled to finish at 9pm but is timeshifted by e.g. 15 mins as I paused it to make a cup of tea earlier.
4. At roughly 9pm MediaPortal pops up a message stating I can no longer watch BBC1 because both tuners are now in use, and it takes me back to the EPG.
5. The scheduled recordings work as expected but I miss the last 15 minutes of the program i was watching.

In my opinion what happens at step 4 is incorrect. I'll accept that from ~9pm onwards both tuners are indeed in use. But the program I'm watching was timeshifted by 15 mins, so therefore I should be able to watch it until the end of the timeshift buffer is reached.

I would have thought what should happen is that at 9pm MediaPortal pops up a message stating that both tuners are coming into use and therefore the timeshifting buffer will no longer be added to - but that i can continue watching to the end of the buffer. Or in an even more ideal situation, would be nice if a few mins before 9pm MediaPortal pops up telling me there's a clash and I cannot continue to timeshift and record 2 x programs, so do I want to cancel one scheduled recording and keep timeshifting for as long as I want, or just watch to end of existing buffer and keep both scheduled recordings.

Am using a single seat setup, latest Argus TV client & recorder, Medpa Portal 1.3 beta and latest Titan skins from the forum.

This issue is 100% repeatable for me. Does anyone else see the same issue?

Am unsure if this is Argus issue, MediaPortal issue or Mediaportal Client issue, but thought I'd hedge my bets and try this forum.

Cheers, Rich.

Caesium

Re: bug: timeshifted playback stops when all tuners in use

Post by Caesium » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 am

Yep, this has caught me out once or twice too, so a +1 for a fix from me :)

cybersheep

Re: bug: timeshifted playback stops when all tuners in use

Post by cybersheep » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 am

Hi All (well, Dot-I, specifically ;))

I just wondered, are there any plans to rectify this issue? Caught me out again at the weekend

Cheers, Rich.