Argus lists live tv recordings, Mediaportal doesn't

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
Diffuse

Argus lists live tv recordings, Mediaportal doesn't

Post by Diffuse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am

I don't know whether this is a problem with MediaPortal or Argus TV, or me. Quite probably the last one.

I just upgraded to MediaPortal 1.3 and to Argus 2.1. I now have a strange issue where Argus TV Scheduler can see all my old live tv recordings, but MediaPortal cannot.

Any advice on how I get the 'Recorded TV' page in MePo to reflect the dozen or so recorded tv files in the shared folder?

Diffuse

Re: Argus lists live tv recordings, Mediaportal doesn't

Post by Diffuse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

I should add, I just recorded a program while watching it via MediaPortal. It shows up in the Argus TV Scheduler but not on the MediaPortal Recorded TV page.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:51 am

What type of setup do you have? ("single seat" or separate client and server)

If you are running separate server and client machines, can you access the recording share from the client machine.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 am

Are you talking about manual recordings done from within the Recorder Console? I hadn't noticed, but I think you're right, they're not there in MP.

Something to do with no associated .arg files being created maybe?

Diffuse

Post by Diffuse » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:07 pm

I am running a single seat system. I should clarify that i am talking about already recorded tv shows, not upcoming recordings or schedules.

I can see these recordings in the windows folder. I can see them from the Argus TV Scheduler program. I cannot see them inside mediaportal > recorded TV.

I think it has something to do with the StreamedMP mediaportal skin (which i also upgraded to 1.9.1 which is supposedly updated for MePo 1.3) because when i change the skin to Titan or defaultwide i can see my list of recorded shows.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Well one potential fix is to swap the ARGUS TV skin files with the ones found here

They may or may not work, we only created them because ARGUS TV was new, so it's been a while since they were tweaked.

The last file listed may be all you need.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Diffuse

Post by Diffuse » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:52 am

Brilliant, thanks AndrewNZ. I'll give them a go when I get home tonight.