Computer sleeps/hibernates while i'm recording...help

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
crono771

Computer sleeps/hibernates while i'm recording...help

Post by crono771 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am

My Setup:

Win7 x64
Argus Recorder & Scheduler 2.1
Media Portal 1.3 (No TV server installed)

Hi all, after a few years of happy media centre running on Win XP, MP 1.1 and FTR I decided I was going to rebuild and update the lot. All is working great except Mediaportal does not seem to realise when Argus is recording.

As above in my setup, I am not using MP TV. I decided to use the argus recorder and scheduler. The MediaPortal plugin is there and I can watch and record TV from Mediaportal great. I have power scheduler ++ installed and it is set to hibernate after 5 mins of idle. sadly it hibernates when a recording is in progress. This is a big issue as I use my MPC to wake up, record and then hibernate again after recording finishes. At the moment it wakes up, starts recording and then goes back to sleep after 5 mins.

Last piece of info although i'm not sure is relevant, when I open MP config the TV section says it cant connect to TV server. I guess this may be normal due to MP TV not being installed

andrewNZ

Re: Computer sleeps/hibernates while i'm recording...help

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:14 am

The best solution is to use windows power management to put the PC to sleep

Alternatively, you could try LightsOut and ARGUS TV to LightsOut. Both were originally designed for Windows Home Server, but there is now a version of LightsOut fro Win7 and ARGUS TV to LightsOut will work in win7.

You may need to try the ARGUS TV to LightsOut version compiled for ARGUS TV 2.1 Beta, it's located near the end of the thread.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

crono771

Re: Computer sleeps/hibernates while i'm recording...help

Post by crono771 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will give both suggestions a whirl this weekend