MediaPortal 1.4

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
thekiwi

MediaPortal 1.4

Post by thekiwi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Has anyone installed Argus with Mediaportal 1.4? Was wanting to upgrade my multiseat setup but not sure if Argus will work with 1.4.

Cheers

Craig

thekiwi

Re: MediaPortal 1.4

Post by thekiwi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Opps

Hadnt noticed this Beta post:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4454

Not sure Im brave enough to risk a working install with manually copying files etc?

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:35 am

I'm running two clients one has 1.3 the other 1.4, no problems with either. I am having to use the Titan skin for now because StreamedMP didn't play nice, now I'm used to it, I'm thinking of sticking to it.

If you're worried, I'd seriously recommend a system backup. I'd actually recommend a proper scheduled backup regardless, it's absolutely essential for an HTPC IMO. There's nothing worse than that disapproving stare at the back of your head while you try desperately to fix something.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Bleazle

Post by Bleazle » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 am

andrewNZ wrote:....There's nothing worse than that disapproving stare at the back of your head while you try desperately to fix something.
Haha, you got that right!! And I agree, having a backup that you can roll back to at the click of a button is the only way to go. I use Acronis, which I have found to be faultless.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 am

Windows Home Server does my backups. Automatic incremental backups every night for the main client in the lounge, manual backups for the bedroom for obvious reasons.
The bare metal restore is AWESOME, bung in the USB stick select the machine and desired backup, and in well under 30 minutes you're running.

I've also used the standard Windows backup system with pretty good success.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.