PowerScheduler not working - is ARGUS the problem?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
Bleazle

PowerScheduler not working - is ARGUS the problem?

Post by Bleazle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi All

When I installed MP1.4 I decided to give PowerScheduler a go but it didn't work. When configuring the plugin in MPConfig (after configuring it in MP TVServer 1st) it says "No TV plugin installed" at the top of the panel - it allows me to set everything up but then it doesn't work. If I selected the option to force Windows to manage putting the computer to sleep it would go to sleep but wouldn't wake up to record anything :(

When I initially installed MP1.5 Pre-release I didn't have the correct ARGUS files in place (everything seemed to work OK, except Recorded TV wasn't showing up). I set up PowerScheduler again and it worked perfectly (without using Windows to control the power state) :D

Unfortunately being able to record TV isn't much use if you can't see what you've recorded :roll: :lol: so I installed the ARGUS files required to make ARGUS work (these ones:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4454. So now ARGUS is working fine but PowerScheduler no longer works and once again I am getting the "No TV plugin installed" message :(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Bleazle

andrewNZ

Re: PowerScheduler not working - is ARGUS the problem?

Post by andrewNZ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 pm

I imagine this came about in 1.4, it now always complains when you exit the MP config too. I don't use power scheduler so I don't have any real answers.

There is a keep alive option in the ARGUS TV plugin which might help the normal windows power management act in a more friendly way.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Luca Brasi

Post by Luca Brasi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 pm

I know that this is old but as I am stumbling over it...
There has been a long discussion in the mp forums about 4FTR/Argus and ps++ not working together...
If I remember correctly there was this problem with ps++ seeing Argus as a client and therefor preventing the sleep. No clue if this is still the case but bottom line was that there was not much enthusiasm to make them both work together...
HTPC: Win8.1Pro, Argus TV latest, MediaPortal 1.7, 1xFireDTV DVB-C, 2x Mystique Cabix DVB-C, 2xDigital Devices Cine Dvb-C

MLH01

Post by MLH01 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am

I was under the impression that you should disable the MP PowerScheduler plugin and let Windows handle power events when ARGUS-TV is used.

In the Wiki on the MediaPortal front-end:
http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... .26_Tricks

Maybe it is different with PowerScheduler++ that is now built into MePo 1.5?
Win7 x64 SP1. MediaPortal 1.8.0 FINAL; MP TVServer (recorder); ARGUS TV 2.3 RC (scheduling); MySQL 5.6; Dual DVB-T tuner.