No live tv

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
Bpritchard

No live tv

Post by Bpritchard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 am

Hey all!

I'm having a problem getting live tv up and running in mepo 1.5 using argus. It seems that no matter what mepo is trying to connect to the tv server and not argus. I've copied all the correct files, and the guide is completely argus driver. Am I missing something in my setup?

andrewNZ

Re: No live tv

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:50 am

The install order is important, you must install/reinstall ARGUS TV after you have installed MediaPortal. Then (until ARGUS TV 2.1.1/2.2 is released) copy the MP 1.4 patch files.

As of MP 1.3 or 1.4 you get an alert when you exit MP config saying it can't connect to the TV Server, ignore it.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Bpritchard

Post by Bpritchard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:22 pm

heya andrewNZ,

so those are the exact steps I did.

installed mepo - client only
installed argus
installed plugins.

argus works great... mepo only shows the epg. whenever I click on a channel I get "no tuners available". yet the work fine in argus and wmc.

i also tried Xbmc and it did the same thing. perhaps I setup something wrong in argus?

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm going to assume you have scanned for Services in the ARGUS TV Recorder Console. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

No free tuner, most likely means your "Services" aren't linked to your "Channels". In the Live TV/Radio section of the Scheduler Console, All channels will probably be grey, available channels are black.

Check out this wiki page and let me know if it explains it adequately. In particular the last section Channels & Services (Eliminating the confusion)

The best way to test is to use the Live TV/Radio section of the Scheduler Console. You can start streams there, and they will open in VLC (assuming it's installed). Once it works there, you can move to testing in MediaPortal or XBMC. It makes the troubleshooting process much faster.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.

Bpritchard

Post by Bpritchard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks again for the feedback!

Yeah, i scanned services.. setup the the channels, and tested in Scheduler and they work fine. I'm able to record 2 channels at once in the Status window of recorder as well. I'm not at the house currently but will take another look at it tonight when i get in to confirm that i did all that... maybe something got disconnected in the last step.

Cheers!

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 pm

If recording works, your Channels and Services are probably correctly linked. Please use the test shares button in Scheduler Console > Recorders.

Additionally:
Have you altered the timeshift file settings?
How many tuners do you have? (and if you have more than one have you mapped all services to all cards that can receive them?)