Problem with RTSP streaming mode with 2.2.1 & MP 1.6.0

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
Quake505

Problem with RTSP streaming mode with 2.2.1 & MP 1.6.0

Post by Quake505 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi all,

Just upgraded MP & Argus tv to 1.6.0 and 2.2.1.

Since then any client using RTSP streaming mode cannot skip or jump into a recorded program, it will always go back to the start of the recording.

Example 11

When trying to view a program that is currently recording and the option play from live point is selected, the recording will play from the start and not the live point.

Example 2

When watching a recording which is 5 minutes into the recording and skip forward 15 sec is selected, the recording will start again from the start.

This affects all of my 3 clients (remote and server).

Please note if RTSP is not selected then it works as normal.

Can anybody confirm they have the same issue?

Regards,

Quake505

jocke4u

Re: Problem with RTSP streaming mode with 2.2.1 & MP 1.6.0

Post by jocke4u » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a new installation with separate server (ArgusTV only) and frontends (MediaPortal + ArgusTV plugin).
ArgusTV 2.2.1 and MediaPortal 1.5.0 (but installed 1.6 plugins as mentioned in bugforum viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4783 )

I experience the same problem.

When trying to view a program that is currently recording and the option play from live point is selected, the recording will play from the start and not the live point.
Yes, the same here
When watching a recording which is 5 minutes into the recording and skip forward 15 sec is selected, the recording will start again from the start.
Yes, the same here

I also have big problems when watching live and switch channels
Example
1. Start watching on channel 1
2. Go to EPG and choose channel 2, then it hangs a bit and then plays old timeshift from channel 1 before playing channel 2
3. Go to EPG and choose channel 3, then it hangs a bit and then plays old timeshift from channel 1 and then timeshift from channel 2 before playing channel 3

Quake505

Post by Quake505 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi jocke4u,

I have tested the problem you are having with live TV and switching channels.

I do not get the same problem, I'm able to switch between channels using the EPG (TV Guide) and channel up and down without any problems, I have tested on the server and remote clients, also tested both with RTSP and UNC streaming selected.

The problem I have is only with recorded TV, both recording and non recording programs, with RTSP streaming mode selected.
I have noted that the client believes that the time has jumped, because the time indicator shows the time it should be at but the video is playing from the start.

This means for my Example 2, the time bar indicator will show 5:15 but the video is playing from the start.

Regards,

Quake505

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Quake505 wrote:The problem I have is only with recorded TV, both recording and non recording programs, with RTSP streaming mode selected.
I have noted that the client believes that the time has jumped, because the time indicator shows the time it should be at but the video is playing from the start.

This means for my Example 2, the time bar indicator will show 5:15 but the video is playing from the start.

Regards,

Quake505
I believe you are seeing expected behaviour. The pre-record time is always skipped, if you try skipping back, you should be able to go back to the beginning of the recording.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Quake505

Post by Quake505 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:50 pm

andrewNZ wrote:
Quake505 wrote:The problem I have is only with recorded TV, both recording and non recording programs, with RTSP streaming mode selected.

Regards,

Quake505
I believe you are seeing expected behaviour. The pre-record time is always skipped, if you try skipping back, you should be able to go back to the beginning of the recording.
Hi Andrew,

You must have miss understood what i have written, this is not expected behaviour.

I'll try and explain again, this only affects recorded programs with with RTSP streaming, this does not affect live viewing or recordings using UNC.

Example (same as 2 above)

I watch a recording for 5 mins, a commercial comes on, I press skip forward for 4 mins (not fast forward) to skip the commercial, the time status now shows 9 mins but the program is playing from the start (0 seconds), the time status bar (correct time) and picture are not in sync.

If i skip ff or rw it will always play from the start of the recording, ie skip cannot be used.

Example 3

A recording has a pre record set at 1min (default), when i play this recording it will play from 0 sec, not 1min as normal.

Please note, UNC works fine but i find playback using RTSP better on my remote clients with HD recordings.

Regards,

Quake505

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm

My mistake
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Quake505

Post by Quake505 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 am

Andrew,

No problem, thanks for looking at the post.

Regards,

Q505

eutx9795

Post by eutx9795 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Quake505 wrote: Just upgraded MP & Argus tv to 1.6.0 and 2.2.1.

Since then any client using RTSP streaming mode cannot skip or jump into a recorded program, it will always go back to the start of the recording.
Same problem here after ugprade to MP 1.6.0 and ArgusTV 2.2.1

eutx9795

Post by eutx9795 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 pm

This is the same problem than this viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4777

JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:07 am

i'm seeing the same problem with recordings since i upgraded to argus 2.2.1 (problem occurs on mp 1.5 and 1.6)
whenever i try to fast forward or skip some minutes the recording starts at the beginning.
Sadly i need to use rtsp because my dlan connection only works stutter free on rtsp (hd recordings)