A lot of lost packages after a fixed time

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
Aretin

A lot of lost packages after a fixed time

Post by Aretin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:37 am

Hi all,

the "nerver ending story" seems to continue on a different approach...

As mentoned in my first thread, I build myself a "low energy-recorder" (Windows 8 system, Zotac E350-ITX board, 8 GB DDR3 RAM) and got some issues with it. Now, that both USB-cards are working fine (PCTV and Haupauge Nova), I got another verry strange thing going on:

Everything works fine, until I hit the 20:00h daytime. At that point, nearly no recording is possible, with over 10.000 lost packages per houre.

I did check the usual routine: virus scanner, backup and updates, disableds them all, but still got the problem.

Does any of you got a similar problem or got an idea, what could go wrong here? Would be verry gratefull, as it slowly shfits into "myterious" right now...

Ah, before I forgot: the sat-dish is my personal one and no other devices are connected to it, except two other sat-recievers (via multiplexer: each one got its own cable, no pass-throughs).

jboeren

Re: A lot of lost packages after a fixed time

Post by jboeren » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Hey!

I had something simular! I discovered the antivirusprogram was blocking te machine so i switched to Microsoft antivirus and made for all the recording-progams/services exceptions

Now it runs much better!

Aretin wrote:Hi all,

the "nerver ending story" seems to continue on a different approach...

As mentoned in my first thread, I build myself a "low energy-recorder" (Windows 8 system, Zotac E350-ITX board, 8 GB DDR3 RAM) and got some issues with it. Now, that both USB-cards are working fine (PCTV and Haupauge Nova), I got another verry strange thing going on:

Everything works fine, until I hit the 20:00h daytime. At that point, nearly no recording is possible, with over 10.000 lost packages per houre.

I did check the usual routine: virus scanner, backup and updates, disableds them all, but still got the problem.

Does any of you got a similar problem or got an idea, what could go wrong here? Would be verry gratefull, as it slowly shfits into "myterious" right now...

Ah, before I forgot: the sat-dish is my personal one and no other devices are connected to it, except two other sat-recievers (via multiplexer: each one got its own cable, no pass-throughs).