ArgusTV cannot find HDHomeRun PRIME w or w/o CableCARD.

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
RedPenguin

ArgusTV cannot find HDHomeRun PRIME w or w/o CableCARD.

Post by RedPenguin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 pm

I am attempting to fix a Win 7 PC hooked up with a HDHomeRun PRIME and CableCARD.

The HDHomeRun 20140604 Software/Firmware itself works great and shows all channels as normal.

For some reason even though programs such as NextPVR and WMC find the unit easily and can utilize it perfectly, Argus and somewhat MediaPortal (not so worried about this) cannot find it under "Cards".

We have tried to reinstall the HDHomeRun software and even redid the PC. Nothing.

davutz

Re: ArgusTV cannot find HDHomeRun PRIME w or w/o CableCARD.

Post by davutz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:54 am

I am also experiencing this problem with my HDHomerunPrime, I have tried the latest beta build of argus tv and tried it on more then one machine and keep getting this problem

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:22 am

Have you tried the steps outlined in the wiki?

http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php?title=HDHomeRun
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

davutz

Post by davutz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:27 am

Yes I have done those steps. It still refuses to work.

I know back before HDHomeRun upgraded to 20140604 firmware/software, Argus-TV worked on my PC with the same HDHomeRun unit w/o a CableCARD for ClearQAM.

Yet now Argus-TV doesn't even find the tuners even if I try it without the CC and turn it back to ClearQAM in HDHomeRun Setup.

davutz

Post by davutz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:55 pm

We have discovered the actual issue.

For some reason if you set the HDHomeRun Software to "CableCARD" no tuner is ever found by Argus.

Yet if you set it to "Digital Cable", then all 3 tuners are found, but the minute you switch it back, it goes to either "Not Detected" or the tuners "go away".

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Glad you've solved it.
Is there any reason you'd want to use the non functional setting?

I think the wiki needs this information.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

davutz

Post by davutz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Myself and RedPenguin only were setting it to "CableCARD" because it seems if you leave it at "Digital Cable", then Argus will not access encrypted channels.

It acts like it's only scanning for ClearQAM and not realizing the fact we have a CableCARD.

When we try to access 94.3 for example, a known encrypted channel, the HDHomeRun unit will show on it's webpage that we are trying to access it, but it doesn't show the normal decryption process happening as it does when we for example try it with NextPVR.

music_man1352000

Post by music_man1352000 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:39 pm

AFAIK Argus doesn't support CableCARD.

You can use the PRIME clear QAM wrapper tuners when mode is set to digital cable in HDHR Setup (same as MP). However encrypted channels won't work in that mode, period.

@RedPenguin
If you have issues with MediaPortal I'm all ears.

bradvdo

Post by bradvdo » Sat May 16, 2015 4:49 pm

I have this same issue using my HDHomerun Prime (HDHR3-CC).

WMC sees the HDHomerun Prime tuners just fine and records from them.
Argus, however, does not see them.

The Argus/HDHomerun Prime Wiki is a bit outdated. "Application" has been renamed to "BDA Compatibilty Mode" in the HDHomerun setup and there is no option for "OTHER: ATSC/QAM".

Regardless, I've tried all the compatibility modes (including For the Record) and the tuners never show up in Argus.
I've also tried changing the tuner from "Cable Card" to "Digital Cable" and the tuners never show up in Argus.
I've reinstalled the HDHomerun software and Argus, still never show up.

Almost all of our channels are marked as copy-freely (and the recording from WMC play back in Kodi/XBMC), but copyright/drm isn't even a consideration yet -- the problem is that Argus isn't seeing the HDHomerun Prime tuner hardware.

What steps can I take so that Argus will see the tuners?

gonenutsbrb

Post by gonenutsbrb » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 am

Not to necro this too badly, but is there any updates on Argus TV's viability with HDHR Prime with a CC? I can get Argus to pick up the HDHR as long as it's set to Digital Cable mode, but as soon as you change it back to CC Argus loses the tuners. Any ideas?