hdhomerun (HDHR3-EU) qam256 problems

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
mwoe

hdhomerun (HDHR3-EU) qam256 problems

Post by mwoe » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 am

I posted the following on the hdhomerun forum regarding qam256 stream problems:

My current setup: HDHR3-EU + argus tv worked perfect till my provider (ziggo) chose to bundle streams into qam256 streams. When grabbing with both tuners 2 hd streams, the HDHR3-EU gives problems (artifacts). When looking closer to the problem, I found the problem to be that the HDHR3-EU grabs the whole stream, causing to reach it's lan port max of 100mbit.
For running the HDHR3-EU on argus, I have to set it in de hdhomerun setup to application: other:dvb-t/dvb-c.
When changing it to nextpvr it runs only about 13-17mbit per channel, but argus doesn't seem to recognize the channels anymore.

What can I do to fix this problem?
and the response:
You would need to utilize a program that supports PID filtering. The HDHomeRun is capable of filtering the stream to include only the audio and video components that are desired by the program, minimizing network bandwidth usage. But, this requires that the program be able to tell the HDHomeRun exactly which parts it wants. Setting to Other:DVB-T/DVB-C disables this function and causes the HDHomeRun to stream the entire unfiltered channel, which could cause problems if the combined channel bandwidth is over 100Mb/s. The NextPVR option has it enabled.
Is there something you can do with Argus to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

rudig

Re: hdhomerun (HDHR3-EU) qam256 problems

Post by rudig » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 pm

I hope so, want to upgrade to hdhomerun with same provider soon

mwoe

Post by mwoe » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

rudig wrote:I hope so, want to upgrade to hdhomerun with same provider soon
Get one with a 1000mbit (1gb) lan. The quad tuner has it.

rudig

Post by rudig » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:10 pm

But the argus issue should also be solved right?

Other question, what is the size on your harddisk of an hour of recording? Just the one channel or the whole stream?

mwoe

Post by mwoe » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 am

rudig wrote:But the argus issue should also be solved right?

Other question, what is the size on your harddisk of an hour of recording? Just the one channel or the whole stream?

Only the channel. Argus request the entire stream but only records the channel you selected.
It even gives problems when I capture a HD stream inside a qam256 stream and with the other tuner a SD stream.
Both have artifacts when I play back the recording.
I've checked the signal strengh: nothing wrong theren.