XMLTV Import fail: "unexpected error occurred on a receive"

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
Diffuse

XMLTV Import fail: "unexpected error occurred on a receive"

Post by Diffuse » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:44 am

I'm running ArgusTV 2.0.1 with MediaPortal 1.2.3, and importing a TV guide from IceTV.com.au daily using webget.

This system has been working flawlessly for well over two years (with 4TR before Argus), but in the last week it's been failing. The log reports:

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

The timing of this error coincides with an ongoing internet outage in my region. I've tried to circumvent that by downloading the IceGuide.XML file using a mobile tethered to my laptop then copying the file into the ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XML folder. ArgusTV finds the file but then sticks it in the rejected folder rather than importing the data into the database.

Can anyone help me get past this problem and get the program guide data into argusTV?

I wonder, even though I can see no reason why ArgusTV should need a live web connection to import a local XML file, is my current lack of internet connectivity somehow causing Argus to reject the XML? If so this could be a real problem, because my internet provider (Telstra, Australia's largest) says internet will not be back in my region for at least another two weeks.

andrewNZ

Re: XMLTV Import fail: "unexpected error occurred on a recei

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 pm

I don't think the internet connection, or lack of it, is an issue.

Is there something in the logs saying why it was rejected?
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Diffuse

Re: XMLTV Import fail: "unexpected error occurred on a recei

Post by Diffuse » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 am

The scheduler console log only says what I quoted above. Or should I be looking in an actual logfile somewhere on the PC?

The issue does appear to be connection-related. I did the following back to back test:

1. downloaded guide.XML, unplugged my tethered phone then put the file in the XML folder. The ArgusTV import failed.

2. re-tethered my phone. Moved the same guide.XML file from rejected into the appropriate folder. Left my phone tethered. The import was successful.

So, I have a workaround, but it seems clunky. I'd prefer to be able to download the XML at work, bring it home and copy it into the relevant folder rather than go through the rigmarole of tethering my phone to the HTPC.