"Only sleep on home screen" not working with ATV2.3 + MP1.10

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
c128

"Only sleep on home screen" not working with ATV2.3 + MP1.10

Post by c128 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Shifting this here, as I guess it might be more MP specific.

I have another thread here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5635

In a nut-shell:

Although I have "Only sleep on home screen" selected in "Menu | TV | ARGUS client settings", my Argus TV server still goes to sleep if I'm, say, listening to music or watching a video.

This is a problem, as Mediaportal goes into "go slow" mode when it can't access the server - selecting Guide or Recorded TV takes ages to bring up an unpopulated page, and other TV-unrelated activities only operate slowly too.

Further info:

* My Argus TV 2.3 server installation is set to go to sleep after 25 minutes of inactivity.
* Client side I'm using Mediaportal 1.10.0 with the 2.3 plugin installed.
* The client wakes the server using WOL correctly at start-up - so it's not a WOL issue.
* My previous Argus 2.* and Mediaportal installations worked fine - the server stayed awake when doing non-Argusy stuff within Mediaportal
* Only current workaround is to sleep/wake the client using the remote, to trigger WOL at start-up again.
* Server side logs just show normal wake followed by sleep (just that the sleep shouldn't be happening).

Is anyone else seeing this, or do I have an oddity in my setup to dig into?

c128

Re: "Only sleep on home screen" not working with ATV2.3 + MP

Post by c128 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:23 am

No-one else seeing this?

I've attempted a workaround with a Windows Task that pings the server with a WOL packet every 5 minutes, but it's not ideal...

How does the current Mediaportal client integration keep the Argus TV server awake when non-TV related stuff is going on?