EPG Data off by 6 hours

General talk about ARGUS TV
toricred

EPG Data off by 6 hours

Post by toricred » Wed May 13, 2020 8:25 pm

I am using EPG buddy to download an XMLTV formatted guide data from TVGuide.com. Everything works well, except that everything is listed 6 hours later than it should be. I am in the Mountain Time Zone on DST so it seems like it is not adjusting for the time zone. How do I correct that?

I tried using Schedules Direct, but their Season and Episode numbers are way, way off. I'm trying to work with them to get it corrected, but they don't seem to be responding to that.

toricred

Re: EPG Data off by 6 hours

Post by toricred » Wed May 13, 2020 9:59 pm

Schedules Direct got back to me and said that their legacy feed doesn't include season and episode numbers at all, but that their current feed (SD-JSON) does include them. I'm guessing that's where the problem is with the GuideImporter. EPG-Buddy appears to expect MediaPortal to do the adjustment after getting the data. I'm looking for some other XMLTV formatted tool now. For the moment I have the time zone on the system set way off to make up for the problem.

toricred

Re: EPG Data off by 6 hours

Post by toricred » Wed May 13, 2020 11:26 pm

I just realized that running with the time wrong makes the guide look right, but it still won't record at the right time. I've reverted to Schedules Direct, but they don't seem to believe that Season and Episode number should be set in stone. They think each producer uses the Episode number rather arbitrarily and thus it doesn't matter all that much.