Schedules Direct Service Change November 1st

General talk about ARGUS TV
geoffstewart

Re: Schedules Direct Service Change November 1st

Post by geoffstewart » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm

You're correct, the proper URL is embedded in the new proxy class. So, no need to update the hosts file.

In my case, the rebuild of the proxy was required because there were enumerations the old version did not understand. Even then, I had to modify the XSD to add 2 extra enums for dolby digital.... in other words, the webservice is sending data back that does not conform to the XSD... nice, eh?

The refresh channels is part of the same webservice, no worries.

When you cannot refresh the channels, you will see in the GuideImporter.log that the plugin could not parse the XML document... that's the enumerations I mentioned above.

The new build I posted solves that.... for my SD account anyway... others my uncover some other missing enums.

Cheers.

Geoff

twemperor

Post by twemperor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:29 am

geoffstewart wrote:OK, tests seem positive. I was able to get schedules.

EDIT: You don't have to edit your hosts file

Expand this zip file and run the importer to see if it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/323600mf0bvz3 ... T.zip?dl=0

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Geoff
Geoff,

I tried a few different ways thinking I had broken something in my setup, but I can't get your version of the importer to see your version of the plugins- they don't show up in the drop-down. And of course, the log doesn't have anything helpful (just that the importer started).

I tried replacing just the SD plugin, the plugin and the executable, several combinations of just DLLs that I think you changed, and all combinations result in the plugin not showing up.

I'll keep playing around and let you know if I figure anything out, but any help would be appreciated (even some debug messages!)

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 am

I'm not sure I understand.

The zip contains a complete GuideImporter with plugins for schedulesdirect and clicksomething.

Download the zip, expand it to a temp folder, and run the executable in the temp folder.

There's no need to copy plugins to the program directory. This is a test load... I want to make sure it works before submitting a fix and getting dot-i to make a release.

Let me know if you have more questions.

mreardon

Post by mreardon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:53 am

twemperor wrote:
Geoff,

I tried a few different ways thinking I had broken something in my setup, but I can't get your version of the importer to see your version of the plugins- they don't show up in the drop-down. And of course, the log doesn't have anything helpful (just that the importer started).

I tried replacing just the SD plugin, the plugin and the executable, several combinations of just DLLs that I think you changed, and all combinations result in the plugin not showing up.

I'll keep playing around and let you know if I figure anything out, but any help would be appreciated (even some debug messages!)
I tried to post about this last night, but the forum said my post needed to be approved by a moderator. If my post just hasn't been yet approved I apologize for double posting, but I am having this exact same issue. None of the plugins appear in the drop downs, and my logs are only showing that the importer has started if I run my normal schedules updating task.

If there is anything I can do to provide more debugging details, I'd be happy to do it. Thanks for trying to get this issue fixed up!

twemperor

Post by twemperor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm not sure why the behavior is different when unzipped into a new folder, rather than over the top of the installed Guide Importer. However, I was able to get it to run. Refreshing channels did appear to work, however, it appeared to crash the Scheduler Service during import.

I attached the log, but there's no good error message. A pop-up said there were multiple errors (that's what showed up in the SchedulerConsole Log as well). What's interesting is that it appeared to occur during commit of the guide data to the database, I think this is after schema validation? I'll keep playing with your version and mine.
Attachments
GuideImporter.log.rar
(828 Bytes) Downloaded 480 times

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Your logs have many attempts. The one on oct31 looks like the old tool because it fails to parse the XML.
The nov1 at midnight ones have a server failure... Perhaps the server was down?
The ones at 6am seem like they worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

twemperor

Post by twemperor » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I got it to work! Thanks!

The crashing was because I had not yet updated the GuideEnhancer service, so that was getting in the way once guide data showed up. I've attached a couple of logs for you to look at. The first run I just did an import, and there appeared to be some confusion about some of the schedule data. When I refreshed the channel list (which worked, obviously), these errors went away. I suspect some ID numbers changed.

Good work pulling this together! Whatever additional enumerations are in the XML, I don't appear to have any different ones.
Attachments
GuideImporterLogs.rar
(8.57 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

Kavik00

Post by Kavik00 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:58 am

twemperor wrote:I'm not sure why the behavior is different when unzipped into a new folder, rather than over the top of the installed Guide Importer. However, I was able to get it to run. Refreshing channels did appear to work, however, it appeared to crash the Scheduler Service during import.

I attached the log, but there's no good error message. A pop-up said there were multiple errors (that's what showed up in the SchedulerConsole Log as well). What's interesting is that it appeared to occur during commit of the guide data to the database, I think this is after schema validation? I'll keep playing with your version and mine.
I was having the same issues with the Importer not showing anything in the drop-downs and finally when I used 7-zip and extracted right to the desktop, I got it to work. I'm wondering if it was a permissions issues when I tried extracting it to the argus directory in programs files. Anyhow, thanks for all your work guys!

mreardon

Post by mreardon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Kavik00 wrote:
I was having the same issues with the Importer not showing anything in the drop-downs and finally when I used 7-zip and extracted right to the desktop, I got it to work. I'm wondering if it was a permissions issues when I tried extracting it to the argus directory in programs files. Anyhow, thanks for all your work guys!
Thanks for that bit. If I extract the file using Windows' built in extraction, it doesn't work (nothing appears in the drop downs). I installed 7-zip and unzipped it to the exact same location, and it works. No idea what the difference is, but I'm happy to have it working now. :D

BuffaloBill19

Post by BuffaloBill19 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:26 am

Hi guys, I sounds like you've solved the problem? With all the back and forth I'm not sure how to implement it. Could you give us non-programmer types a step by step? Many thanks!