Accented character problems in EPG

General talk about ARGUS TV
FrAllard

Accented character problems in EPG

Post by FrAllard » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi,

I'm using SchedulesDirect service along with the importer that comes with ArgusTV. Lately I have trouble with accented character in the EPG, but when I re-import everything manually the new data comes back normal, which tells me that it might be a SchedulesDirect problem in the feed.

If not I wanted to let you know that... I might be one of few people using ArgusTV in Quebec along with SchedulesDirect, so I feel a little bit alone with my annoying, non life threatening, problem...

If there is something I can do to maybe have the importer detect such errors and retry the download, any help is welcome.

Regards

geoffstewart

Re: Accented character problems in EPG

Post by geoffstewart » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi there.

What problem are you seeing specifically? Is it that you cannot import shows that contain special characters? Or that the EPG does not properly display shows that contain special characters once it's imported?

I've been using SD for years and while I don't have a lot of french content, there's some in Ottawa in my guide with RDS and such and I haven't encountered a problem... admitedly, I don't look at the details of the french channels often.

g