Unable to find input pin error

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
weeb

Unable to find input pin error

Post by weeb » Sat May 02, 2015 3:20 am

Hello,

I am currently attempting to install a new setup of ArgusTV on Win 7 Pro 64 Bit. I am using a Hauppage WinTV HVR 950. The installation went fine but the Recorder service is refusing to start, although the scheduler service seems to start up just fine. I am seeing the following error in the event logs.

System.Exception: Unable to find input pin

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

rudig

Re: Unable to find input pin error

Post by rudig » Sun May 03, 2015 8:59 am

Search the forum, something with your bda drivers.
Had the same issue once, reinstall of Windows solved it.

Regards

weeb

Post by weeb » Sun May 03, 2015 6:04 pm

I saw that thread the problem is this is a basically clean install of windows. I just installed windows, I have only installed a couple drivers (video card, USB tuner), and installed steam, thats it. I am not sure how my drivers could have gotten borked so quickly. I guess I will have to find some time to try a reinstall.

weeb

Post by weeb » Tue May 05, 2015 5:52 am

Haven't had a chance to re-install windows yet but I uninstalled the USB tuner and the service started up fine, off course it didn't see any tuner card as I had uninstalled it. Re-installed the tuner and drivers and the service didn't come up again, same issue as before. I guess my last ditch effort will be to re-install windows. Will report back when I have time.

Thanks

weeb

Post by weeb » Wed May 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Well it looks like I will not be able to use Argus TV. I tried a clean install of windows today, same issue. I did the following

1. Clean install of Win7 SP1, no windows updates installed.
2. Installed USB tuner drivers (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/s ... vr950.html)
3. Installed SQLserver Express 2012
4. Installed Argus 2.3 (The installation program installed .net 4.1)
5. Recorder service failed to start.
6. Unable to find input PIN error.

7. Uninstalled Argus TV 2.3
8. Installed Argus TV 2.2.3
9. Recorder service failed start.
10. Unable to find input PIN error.

I also tried out a couple other pieces of PVR software and they both worked fine. Windwos media center worked with no issue and NextPVR worked great. Unfortunately neither of those place with Kodi as well as I would like so i was hoping to get Argus working but not sure what else I can do without some debugging help from the devs.