Can someone please help me get this working on Server 2008R2

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Vertigo

Can someone please help me get this working on Server 2008R2

Post by Vertigo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi,

Trying a failing to get this working on Server 2008R2 right now. I'm aware that a BDA server fix/patch/bodge is required as it doesn't have native support for BDA devices but I can't find any clear instructions on exactly what I need to do. I've tried installing some thing I found called "BDA_R2__TV_Card_.msi" but this does nothing at all. I've seen references to "bda4server" but can't locate this. I've also seen some reports saying I need files from Windows 7.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some clear instructions on what I need to do to get this working. Right now the Recorder service stops immediately and the .NET exception logged in the event log has references to BDA so I'm presuming the problem is that it can't find any tuners.

Vertigo

Re: Can someone please help me get this working on Server 20

Post by Vertigo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Aha finally cracked it!

For anyone else stumped, I found the answer here: https://marcowuen.wordpress.com/2012/08 ... r-2008-r2/

One odd thing for me was the locale - I'm in the UK and both my Win7 and 2008R2 system locales were en-GB - despite this the folders the batch files want are still en-US so you need to enter that when prompted.

Hope that helps someone else out.