Play recordings on Android

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
hornetster

Play recordings on Android

Post by hornetster » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:47 am

Have ArgusTV installed on Win10 PC, and have installed ArgusTV HD on my Nexus4, and a Lenovo Android Tablet.
Have recorded stuff on the PC, and connected to the PC using both clients, and can see recordings I have made etc.
When attempting to play, I get an error message..
The Wiki says I need to install CIFSManager or similar. Can't find CIFSManager, but have installed ANDSMB (Similar??) and setuip a share to the relevant directory on the media server... still won't work...
Help appreciated.
Thanks

Christoph21x

Re: Play recordings on Android

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi Hornetster

Cifs package is for SMB shares - not for all devices available.
Can´t help you explictly with your issue, but you might want to consider to use Kodi on your Android (and maybe Win) devices - that´s what I do. THey use the same shares - all of them and actually also share the MySQL server as a common library - so that the mobile devices can retrieve the same information the desktop already had found.

GReetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

hornetster

Post by hornetster » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 am

Not sure whether it is the share that is the problem, or the fact that I haven't been able to find anything specifically that can play .ts files....?

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:55 am

ArgusTV HD needs you to enter the paths exactly as they are shared - Linux based OSes are case sensitive.

This post is about OpenElec, but it's the same for ArgusTV HD: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5276

I think you also need VLC installed for the actual playback.

simonsays

Post by simonsays » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:36 pm

That Argust TV HD app is a bit tricky. Live TV works if you press on the channel names. But the playback of recordings is not exactly easy to configure.

Kodi has a plugin for Argus TV. But using Kodi on a Touchscreen is awful.

You could do what I do. Create a Windows user with a password. Access your Windowsshares with a File Manager with the newly created user/password. Link the ts extension with the video app of your choice. The ones I know work are: MX Player, VLC (no random access), BSPlayer, Kodi (I can not recommend to start the app this way), Dice Player, probably more. Biggest hurdle was random access, as I recall.