Is there any way NOT to add new channel in EPG automaticaly?

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
x-cimo

Is there any way NOT to add new channel in EPG automaticaly?

Post by x-cimo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:21 am

I am over OTA, and the EPG available contains a very large list of channels (600+) including the 15 available to me.

In the list of channel, I have disabled all the ones I don't have access to, however everytime (quite often) that new channels are added to the my EPG source, these channel gets added and marked as Enabled. I then have to go and disable thoses again..

Is there a way not to enable theses by default?

Thanks!

geoffstewart

Re: Is there any way NOT to add new channel in EPG automatic

Post by geoffstewart » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Could you put the 15 channels you watch and that are available in a channel group and then only look at that group? I think that might accomplish what you're looking for, no?

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 am

I would work but not be idea, as it would default to all channel in xbmc.
It would also show the channel I don`t have in the EPG web interface by default.

A more ideal solution for my need would be to have a way to not add channel automatically as an option.

Thanks for the idea

pkscout

Post by pkscout » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 am

I'll second this. If a new channel from the EPG is added, I'd at least like the option to have it set as invisible by default.

I actually don't understand why Argus insists on creating Channels for every Guide Channel. 90% of what comes in my EPG I don't even get, and the channels I do get aren't named the same as the guide, so I have to manually map all my Channels to Guide Channels anyway. It seems like the current setup guarantees the largest possible duplication of channels. One set automatically created from the Recorder setup, and another from the guide data.

I'd much rather have a button somewhere that says "create Channels from Guide Channels" that I could push when (or if) I wanted to.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:46 am

pkscout wrote:It seems like the current setup guarantees the largest possible duplication of channels. One set automatically created from the Recorder setup, and another from the guide data.
I'd argue that you're doing it wrong :D
It seems you are probably grabbing your EPG externally, in which case, if you add your guide data, then scan for services and link them to existing channels, you'll only have 1 set of channels.

As far as the improvement suggestion is concerned... +1 from me.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

mbb

Post by mbb » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 am

or you can edit the EPG file before give it to Argus

I use this tool http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa ... ter.76080/

I have mainly 3 sources files for my channels.
I use xmltv-rewriter to remove unwanted channels and to rename those with different names in my auxiliary sources .

pkscout

Post by pkscout » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

andrewNZ wrote:
pkscout wrote:It seems like the current setup guarantees the largest possible duplication of channels. One set automatically created from the Recorder setup, and another from the guide data.
I'd argue that you're doing it wrong :D
It seems you are probably grabbing your EPG externally, in which case, if you add your guide data, then scan for services and link them to existing channels, you'll only have 1 set of channels.
I wish I had known that was an option when I set everything up. I guess my mistake was following the instructions. ;)

bluenote

Post by bluenote » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 am

This is one of the main disadvantages of argus in my opinion. Mapping and channel management could be better imo.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

ghost5

Post by ghost5 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 pm

+1 from me. I am looking to change my epg data provider but one of main concerns on stopping me until I have decent amount of free time is that my epg will be full of empty channels

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 am

Again 3 new channels added to the EPG source, 2 radio, 1 tv.. I need to go back in the backend and remove them.

Also, "new channel" don`t play very nice with XBMC. XBMC gets confuse and mix epg data. (Can be fixed by doing a EPG DB refresh in XBMC).

But it would not happen if such an option would be available :)