Expanding the cleverness of Argus

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
rudig

Expanding the cleverness of Argus

Post by rudig » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi,

I'm using FTR and now Argus for about 4 years now. Really love the way it works and it's stability.
The whole family here uses it.
Scheduling is perfect, being able to grab programs with specific actors or other specifics is great.

What I'd like extra:

- integration with other services to help find other programs that you might also like. For instance I watch "Gold Rush" why not have Argus suggest to me that "Gold divers" would also be nice to watch and record

Is this feasible and are others also interested in this option?

andrewNZ

Re: Expanding the cleverness of Argus

Post by andrewNZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:46 pm

I imagine trying to build in this kind of "fuzzy logic" would be a mission at best. But the Scheduler Console already allows you to set up Suggestions and alerts which will suit your needs nicely.
http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... %26_Alerts

Suggestions will just show up in the guide.
Alerts will show up in the guide, and (depending on the client capabilities and settings) notify you of the program with a popup or sound before it starts.

Setting up either of these is basically the same as a recording schedule.

It sounds like you like shows about gold, so why not create a suggestion schedule for shows that have "gold" in the title, and are on the channels these shows will be on.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

rudig

Re: Expanding the cleverness of Argus

Post by rudig » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks I'll try these suggestions.
Next to gold I also like cars :D