Filter for season number in scheduling options

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
pünktchen

Filter for season number in scheduling options

Post by pünktchen » Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 pm

I always wonder why there is a filter for episode numbers in the scheduling options but not for season numbers?!
Season number would be really a great addition. Right now i have a big problem with some shows running with two or more seasons on the same channel.

Christoph21x

Re: Filter for season number in scheduling options

Post by Christoph21x » Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 am

Dear pünktchen

I share your opinion.
In the meantime you can use a work-around, like I do.
This is possible with WebGrab+Plus with certain program providers (depending, of course, if they publish series/episode number and if the providers ini file uses numerical (instead of textual) storage of SE information.
As you probably are German speaking (looking at your nick) you might want to use TVToday as your provider, witch works perfectly.
Pls find also examples in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3919&hilit=WebGrab

If your grabber doesn´t support numeric SE grabbing, you can use the tool guide Enricher / Guide Enhancer (see viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4003) that adds season / episode info to your recordings. Please activate in config the setting, that SxxExx info is added to the shows description.

With both solutions, you can use the field ¨Information contains¨ as a selection criteria, e.g.:
- Information contains S01E (Guide Enricher exanple; only season 1 is recorded)
- Information contains NOT Staffel 2, (WebGrab+Plus-Example; all seasons except the second is recorded; the NOT statement should be preferred, then you also get the shows without any information)

Nevertheless I support your improvement suggestion.

Kind Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Chris,

How would I use the below to filter out multiple seasons of a program?

Would Information Contains "NOT S01E-S03E" work or would you have to put in each season that you wished to avoid, such as "NOT S01E, NOT S02E, NOT S03E"?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Dear els

You have to enter each individual season number, but without the comma.
Your example would look for a string ¨S01E,¨ and would not find it --> means ¨NOT S01E,¨ would include S01E01 and all other S01Exx in the recording, not excluding them.
Correct input would be for your example: ¨NOT S01E NOT S02E NOT S03E¨ (without quotes)
Kind greetz - Chris
elsmandino wrote:Hi Chris,

How would I use the below to filter out multiple seasons of a program?

Would Information Contains "NOT S01E-S03E" work or would you have to put in each season that you wished to avoid, such as "NOT S01E, NOT S02E, NOT S03E"?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi Chris,

I just realised that I never thanked for helping me with this - your advice worked perfectly and I can now automatically stop earlier seasons being recorded without having to manually add each one.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Very welcome, dear elsmandino!
Thanks for your thanks!
Kind greetz - Chris