Windows Events

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
Caesium

Windows Events

Post by Caesium » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Hello :)

I've just been messing with Task Scheduler on my htpc, and noticed that it has the ability to trigger something 'On an event'. Does ArgusTV send any of these events? Or could it in a future version? I don't see much from Argus in the Event Viewer, so at the moment it seems not.

In particular, I'm trying to get a blink(1) (https://blink1.thingm.com/) to light up red when a recording starts, then go off when it ends. I've bodged in a solution for now that just polls ActiveRecordings in the API every minute, but watching for events would be much cleaner :)

Just an idea :)

rudig

Re: Windows Events

Post by rudig » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Can you not script a pre and post script for every recording that writes to the event log? Or have that script turn on and off the red light

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:06 pm

You know what, thats actually not a bad idea at all, I'd forgotten about the processing commands :) thanks!

Edit: looks like I'll have to go back and retrospectively apply the processing commands to all my old schedules, but once thats done, should be golden :)

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Almost flawless, the script (it's a Ruby script, so .rb extension) wouldn't run by itself (not a valid application for this OS, apparently). Not sure why as I have .rb files associated with the Ruby interpreter and Task Scheduler was managing to run it without any further help, but oh well.

I had to make a .bat script which invoked the Ruby script but other than that its all working, nice :)

Thanks again for the tip :)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi Caesium & rudig

Great idea! Could you share this with us?

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)