Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Access your ARGUS TV system from your web browser
RichStanton

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by RichStanton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:19 pm

I installed Argus yesterday, and web access worked fine. TOday I came to use it & if I access it from a remote macine I get 'Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.' If I access it from the machine where it's installed, I get the following error - any suggestions for troubleshooting or fixing?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ArgusTV.ServiceProxy.RestProxyBase.CreateHttpClient() +37
ArgusTV.ServiceProxy.Proxies.get_CoreService() +192
ArgusTV.UI.WebAccess.Controllers.ControllerBase.OnActionExecuted(ActionExecutedContext filterContext) +27
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +259
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +306
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +720
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +162
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +305
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +62
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +15
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +542
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

RichStanton

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by RichStanton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Hmm - seems to have been fixed for now by reinstalling .NET framework. Fingers crossed it stays fixed....

RichStanton

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by RichStanton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:57 pm

I tell a lie, I think it was just chance that fiddling with .NET did something. After rebooting a few times, the problem seems to occur when, for some reason, the Argus TV recorder doesn't get started at boot time. Not sure why it wouldn't start, but even when I start it manually, the problem is only fixed if I then restart Ultidev as well.