Scheduling Issue

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
RedDragon

Scheduling Issue

Post by RedDragon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue that's plaguing me for sometime, I cant seem to figure this out.

I am using the Scheduler Console to record a reoccuing show, the news, on everyday same time.

So i right click the news and say, record anytime. The show becomes active with the Red-O.
When I check the following day, ive got a Grey-O, little x, i looked it up and says cancelled because of a rule, im not sure what rule it is talking about?

If I right click the show with the Grey-O, little x, there is an option to clear out the history and it then turns Red-O which means i have to do this everyday or I miss the show.

It only happens on that one show and no matter what I try, cant seem to get it to work.
I jumped into the schedules-recording and noticed a few schedules with the same name, so i deleted them all and tried again. same issue.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction here, I'm at a loss, even started looking through log files to try and find it, thats how desparate i am :shock:

Thanks guys
Red

andrewNZ

Re: Scheduling Issue

Post by andrewNZ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 am

Hi there, I suspect the answer is either the episodes once option or the unique titles option. Both these options are on the right hand side of the schedule editor.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:12 am

It's probably the "record only once"-checkbox that is by default activated, if you select "record any time" - deactivate it in the schedule and you'll get them all... but potentially also all duplicates.
Especially on reoccuring shows without episode / titles, you should always deactivate it as wrong detections of duplicates will occur...
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

RedDragon

Post by RedDragon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 pm

By jove gentlemen, you have done it!

Unchecked that record only once checkbox on the schedule and bingo .. todays shows cleared out altogether and the rest of the week became active.

Curious tho, I saw that setting and compared it to other reoccuring shows and all of them have that checked with no issues. Im not fussed with the duplicates, would rather more than none, can always delete them.

No matter, it works and when it works, the wife is happy and when she is happy ... well ... my ears hurt less from the complaining :lol:

Thanks again guys, awesome product. :mrgreen:

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:59 am

Shows like the daily news tend to have identical titles & descriptions, that's why the flag fails for them, but is usually OK for normal series (which may have unique episode names &/or descriptions).