iPhone/iPad iOS client (v0.26a)

Other clients written by the community
dlarge500

Re: iPhone/iPad iOS client (v0.4)

Post by dlarge500 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Wow very nice your new version.

I have installed this app on my iPad and iPhone and this is realy realy nice, big thanks for your hard work. :)
MayaHD...a light skin for Mediaportal
Titan...a professional skin for Mediaportal
Mustayaluca...a professional skin for Mediaportal

kjd01

Re: iPhone/iPad iOS client (v0.3)

Post by kjd01 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Caesium wrote:v0.3 up for testing. This one adds Schedule editing mostly (the + button in the schedules list doesn't work yet). I've shortened the connection timeout to 20 seconds as well, this may be too short for WWAN, we'll see.

First post updated with the latest details. Especially see the limitations with schedule editing, the stuff under "Rules -> Other" isn't done yet, and some complicated boolean args in ProgramInfo/Description aren't handled properly, I need to rework some logic to handle multiple instances of rules coming from FTR.

hash, the other thought I've had with your app not populating.
If you installed the app, then started it before setting the IP, you probably got some error about unknown host, which is right.
So you go set it in the iPhone Settings area, then come back to the app. Now if you press the Refresh button in "What's On", nothing will happen.
This is an issue I need to look at - it's because it hasn't populated the Channel Groups yet, so firstly go into "Group" (top left) and press Refresh there. If this populates you can then select one and What's On should then work.

If that's not it then let me know, may have to do more digging :)
Hi I have installed it on both an iPad and an iPhone. Both devices show nothing in the What's On screen I have followed your instructions but still not working. I can see items in the status screens and the schedules just not the What's On. Also the iPad version doesn't have a refresh button and the Channel Group menu doesn't disappear unless you select another item from the main menu. Maybe the problem is that I don't have any channel groups setup. We only have fifteen channels in my area so I don't need channel groups. I can only assume that if I don't setup a channel group then it will use a group All channels which everyone seems to be keen on getting rid of. If the problem is the All Channels what is the recommended setup I should use when I don't really want Channel groups. Do I need to create a generic group and put all the channels in it to get around this All Channels issue.

Thanks

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes, it is due to no channel groups. I'm not sure what's happening with All Channels in FTR really, I guess it's not actually going away so I'll see what I can do.. The app is kind of centered around channel groups at the moment, for adding channels to a schedule and stuff.

A quick workaround is indeed to simply add all your channels to a channel group, then it will show up in the app. "All Channels" seems to be treated specially, not like a normal group.

I've added Refresh to the iPad What's On, thanks - missed that one :)

As to the Channel Group menu not disappearing, I think that's intended behaviour. I can probably add a button to dismiss it though, or just make it go away as soon as you select a group, would that be preferred?

Caesium

Re: iPhone/iPad iOS client (v0.5)

Post by Caesium » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:13 am

v0.5 now available!

What's new:

* EPG Grid! This is a big one, I'm quite proud of this. It's only a first attempt but it works quite well. It can be quite slow to scroll up and down at first while it draws rows, but it speeds up after that. You can't change the day or Channel Group here yet, it's basically midnight-midnight for the current day and the Channel Group from What's On. Tap on a programme for the detailed view of it and to set up schedules.

* EPG Search done

* ability to stop Live Streams and abort Active Recordings

* Done and Refresh buttons in popups on iPad

* Status->Upcoming Programmes now has a link to the schedule responsible for the entry

* Scheduled programmes highlighted in red in a couple of places

* Loading page blocks access to the rest of the app until some crucial data has been pulled in. None of the rest of the app would work until this was downloaded anyway so it doesn't take any longer, just tells you what's going on now. I've noticed that sometimes my FTR doesn't respond to some requests, probably wifi dropping the packets. If this happens to you, press Home to get back out of the app, then Home twice to bring up the applist, then tap and hold on the FTR icon in the bottom row and press the - that appears, then restart FTR and try again. I'll add a "Retry" for the next version.

Enjoy :)

kjd01

Post by kjd01 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 am

Caesium wrote:Yes, it is due to no channel groups. I'm not sure what's happening with All Channels in FTR really, I guess it's not actually going away so I'll see what I can do.. The app is kind of centered around channel groups at the moment, for adding channels to a schedule and stuff.

A quick workaround is indeed to simply add all your channels to a channel group, then it will show up in the app. "All Channels" seems to be treated specially, not like a normal group.

I've added Refresh to the iPad What's On, thanks - missed that one :)

As to the Channel Group menu not disappearing, I think that's intended behaviour. I can probably add a button to dismiss it though, or just make it go away as soon as you select a group, would that be preferred?
Thanks all working now after I added a channel group. v0.5 looks great.

speedy80

Post by speedy80 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Caesium

Thank you for this great app. I installed it on my iPad. With 0.5 I have an error in the grid view: FTR Network Error -> Bad URL.

Keep up the great work!

Regards
speedy80

dlarge500

Post by dlarge500 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 am

hi Caesium,

really nice work but i have found some issues on my

on my iPhone

1. after a first stsrt this app don`t rember the last used TV group, always the first group is used
2. Missing Icons for EPG and Schedules in the black bar
3. the EPG Grid worked only with the 1. Group, if i changed a new tv group the EPG Grid is appears to be blank with the logos from the first group.

on my iPad

the EPG Grid works perfectly but i have seen a issue

1. after a first stsrt this app don`t rember the last used TV group, always the first group is used
2. in the EPG Grid can i see in Topbar the Label "EPG Mk2"?

little improvements?

The EPG Grid Rows you can make a little higher for better reading?

The Upcoming Recordings are better in the First Menu under Schedules?

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:55 pm

speedy80 wrote: Thank you for this great app. I installed it on my iPad. With 0.5 I have an error in the grid view: FTR Network Error -> Bad URL.
Hey speedy80,

The only time I've seen this error was when one of my channels did not have a Guide Channel assigned to it. Can you check if this is the case? This error isn't handled very well yet, it should just skip that channel I suppose, I'll make it do so in next version.

If all your channels have Guide Channels it is something else. It'll probably help me to know what URL is failing so this bad URL error will have the failing URL in for the next version too then we can narrow it down :)

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello dlarge500! Thanks for the feedback :)
dlarge500 wrote: on my iPhone

Good idea, I hadn't thought of doing this, I'll make it save the selection.
2. Missing Icons for EPG and Schedules in the black bar
I simply don't have any icons for those two entries yet :) I'll see if I can draw some but I'm no artist.
3. the EPG Grid worked only with the 1. Group, if i changed a new tv group the EPG Grid is appears to be blank with the logos from the first group.
This should be fixed in next version.
on my iPad

2. in the EPG Grid can i see in Topbar the Label "EPG Mk2"?
Oops, that shouldn't have slipped through. I've renamed it to EPG Grid now :)
little improvements?

The EPG Grid Rows you can make a little higher for better reading?
You mean make the cells and font bigger on iPad? Ok, will do. Is the iPhone one ok? The smaller screen means making that font much bigger will lose a lot of info on the screen.
The Upcoming Recordings are better in the First Menu under Schedules?
Good idea, I've actually rearranged this entire menu now and moved all the Status items to the top level, the Status submenu was a little empty and pointless anyway.

dlarge500

Post by dlarge500 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

hi Caesium,
You mean make the cells and font bigger on iPad? Ok, will do. Is the iPhone one ok? The smaller screen means making that font much bigger will lose a lot of info on the screen.
the font are ok but i think the Cells are better little bigger, you have 13 Cells but i think 10 or 11 are enough, with 13 Cells are very bad to read, too much Infos. :lol: