Other clients written by the community
logifuse

Re: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by logifuse » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 am

Cheers! Will check it out today.

sherigan

Post by sherigan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Can any1 tell me how to watch live TV with that app? I can schedule recordings and such, but I can't seem to find the option to view live tv

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Make shure you fill in the two fields for rtsp translation on the settings page. The only thing i have done there is the name of the computer translated into the ip address.

Next thing to do is on the program guide page. It is a bit hidden, but tap on the channel name. Then the rtsp link will be set up and streamed to your device. Make shure you have a rtsp capable player installed. BS player is good, but MX player wont play.

Dont hasitate to contact me again on this forum
Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

sherigan

Post by sherigan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 pm

That's what I've read before, however, tapping the channel name doesn't seem to trigger anything at all, that's why I was wondering...

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

d.a.houtman, some screenshots of the settings of a working config would be good.

erto

Post by erto » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 pm

I am delighted with the live tv streaming!
it is really great, I use VLC for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... betav7neon) which runs very smooth (at least the SD channels, HD is too heavy)

Is there a way to use this app remotely (outside home)?
I have tried to set this up myself, but was not able to do so without opening unsecure ports with unencrypted traffic

any ideas?

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm

logifuse wrote:d.a.houtman, some screenshots of the settings of a working config would be good.
Googles play store shows a screenshot of settings. These are my own settings at home.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm

logifuse wrote:d.a.houtman, some screenshots of the settings of a working config would be good.
Googles play store shows a screenshot of settings. These are my own settings at home.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 pm

sherigan wrote:That's what I've read before, however, tapping the channel name doesn't seem to trigger anything at all, that's why I was wondering...
I presume that you don't have any rtsp capable player installed. Are you sure that you have installed BS player or VLC on your Android device?

AndreStarTrek

Re: Sv: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by AndreStarTrek » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:39 am

d.a.houtman wrote:
Aduck wrote:Hi
I've installed cifsmanager and mounted the share where my recordings resides. But I'm not seeing them in the app. What am I missing?
First, i'm working on a sort of manual for Argus TV HD. for now i ll try to explain.

If you have cifs installed you have to mount your recordings directory into the file system of your Android device. The recordings directory on the Args TV server pc is where your recordings reside. Cifs manager is a tool to mount that windows directory into the file system on your Android Device. If all went right you can see your recordings in a sub directory of the Android file system.

With any ordinary file manager you can see and execute these recordings. You don't need a special file manager such as es explorer to see your recordings at Android. If you launch some of your recordingsa by hiiting one in your file manager a video player mus be launched and play the recording. Important is that the video player must support ts-files. BS-player and MX-player do the job, but you have to install special arm codecs.

Finally you can fill in a translation for urls in the settings screen of the Argus TV HD app. With cifs mounted files you have to check SMB. The translation translates the url that come from Argus TV server into the url that points to your mounted directory on your android device. You can check this URL in the recordings screen when you hit some recording and get the details of the recording. One detail is the translated URL. This must point to the right location on your Android device.

Good luck and let me know if you still have troubles.

Any ETA on the manual? the cifs way is a pain in the ass, but the http version I cant get it to work. I have no clue what to input where and how http server should be setup. Am not clueless but there not much info to go on.