Argus TV HD for Android

Other clients written by the community
d.a.houtman

Re: Argus TV HD for Android

Post by d.a.houtman » Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am

I think ill give GitHub a try, because this software isn't for the mass. Only people with Argus Tv server installed are propably interested.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Just uploaded version 1.9
- better order in EPG, according to the order in Argus TV clients
- not showing invisible channels

codex

Post by codex » Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Well done, working well for me!

facted

Post by facted » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm trying to contact Argus TV HD from outside my wifi network. I've forwaded ports 42080 and 49943 to my htpc lan IP and I'm pointing to my outside IP on the "host" line. My port is 49943. I can't access argus tv. In fact, while I could access before via pointing to the internal ip of my htpc on my wifi network, I no longer can. I've tried disabling those forwaded ports too and no luck. I can basically no longer access argus tv via this app.

Any ideas?

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Do I understand right that you were able to connect the Argus TV server with a previous version of Argus TV HD app? Can you tell me what version that was? I have change the EPG part of my app recently, but the rest should work in the same way.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm

facted wrote:I'm trying to contact Argus TV HD from outside my wifi network. I've forwaded ports 42080 and 49943 to my htpc lan IP and I'm pointing to my outside IP on the "host" line. My port is 49943. I can't access argus tv. In fact, while I could access before via pointing to the internal ip of my htpc on my wifi network, I no longer can. I've tried disabling those forwaded ports too and no luck. I can basically no longer access argus tv via this app.

Any ideas?
Did you check the Windows firewall on your server?
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

philg

Post by philg » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:10 am

Any chance we can have a font size setting for the EPG?
I've got the system font size set to large on my nexus 7, but the EPG text is soooo big its really bad screen space wise!

Now for more of a wild wish .... and having done a small amount of both iPhone and Android dev, I know my next request may be rather difficult/too much so I expect the answer to be NO....

Any chance we canget something a little more like the iPhone app which looks really nice and smooth. Something to aim for?

Live streaming of some sort would be really cool - not sure if you can just link to the RTSP of if the bitrate will be too high for Anroid devices (I suspect)???

Thanks,
Phil

Caesium

Post by Caesium » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:27 am

philg wrote:Any chance we canget something a little more like the iPhone app which looks really nice and smooth. Something to aim for?

Live streaming of some sort would be really cool - not sure if you can just link to the RTSP of if the bitrate will be too high for Anroid devices (I suspect)???
Aw thanks :) Keep sweet talking like that and I just might do some more dev on it! Handling recordings is probably quite high on most peoples lists I guess.

As to live streaming, I suspect both the iOS app and the Android app would benefit greatly from Argus doing some transcoding and HTTP streaming so the devices don't just choke on the full DVB stream :)

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:09 am

philg wrote:Any chance we can have a font size setting for the EPG?
I've got the system font size set to large on my nexus 7, but the EPG text is soooo big its really bad screen space wise!
I will have a look at this
philg wrote:Now for more of a wild wish .... and having done a small amount of both iPhone and Android dev, I know my next request may be rather difficult/too much so I expect the answer to be NO....
Any chance we canget something a little more like the iPhone app which looks really nice and smooth. Something to aim for?
This is on my todo list, but not with that high priority
philg wrote:Live streaming of some sort would be really cool - not sure if you can just link to the RTSP of if the bitrate will be too high for Anroid devices (I suspect)???
I have done a little experience with live streaming on my Android tablet and the results where hopeful. I will set this feature on top of my todo list.

d.a.houtman

Post by d.a.houtman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Just uploaded version 2.0 to the play store:

- added live TV. Watch Live TV from the EBG screen and tap the desired channel. For this to work you have to fill in additional settings.
- added keep alive service. So you don't need Don't Sleep on your server anymore.