WebGrab+Plus and Argus - Supporter Thread

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
powermarcel10

Re: Perfect XMLTV solution: WebGrab+Plus

Post by powermarcel10 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 am

So the information in de .cmd file is right? (Grab_TV_and_RADIO_channels.cmd)

echo off

REM grab radio channels
if exist C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml DEL C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml
COPY "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++_RADIO.config.xml" "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml"
START /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerCare\WebGrab+Plus" /MIN /WAIT WebGrab+Plus.exe

REM grab tv channels
if exist C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml DEL C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml
COPY "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++_TV.config.xml" "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml"
START /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerCare\WebGrab+Plus" /MIN /WAIT WebGrab+Plus.exe

REM delete config files and move xmltv files to ARGUS TV directory
DEL C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.config.xml
COPY "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab+Plus_TV.xml" "C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\WebGrab+Plus_TV.xml"
COPY "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab+Plus_RADIO.xml" "C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\Radio\WebGrab+Plus_RADIO.xml"

I also click on the file with right mouseclick and press; "run as administrator" but that gives me the same result..

powermarcel10

Post by powermarcel10 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:34 am

I want to notice that it only happened when I use the Grab_TV_and_RADIO_channels_MINIMIZED.cmd file.. When I use the normal Grab_TV_and_RADIO_channels.cmd the window close normally.. So I need to change something in the minimized file.. This is how it is now:

START /D "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab" /MIN Grab_TV_and_RADIO_channels.cmd

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 am

Both cmd files are identical to mine (apart from the space after the /D I had forgotten in my Grab_TV_and_RADIO_channels_MINIMIZED.cmd but it works on my PC, with or without the space). I verified they're identical with Notepad++'s Compare plugin. I don't know what to tell you. They simply work on my PC.

My knowledge on these matters is pretty limited so it is very well possible I may have overlooked something in writing the cmd files that makes is not work on your pc. Someone else will have to shed some light on this. I'm sure people here or on the tweakers.net forums know what's going on.

Ow, and happy new year. ;)
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

powermarcel10

Post by powermarcel10 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Sjakko,

wel, I think it was the space after the D!

It's working now.. BUT, it's only working when I start it with windows taskmanager.. Otherwise the result is the same.. I have test yesterday a lot of different settings, but test it every time manually.. I have test it now with windows taskmanager and the window is closing now after doing his job! :)

Thanks

g0rsq

Post by g0rsq » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 am

I am experimenting with WebGrab+Plus, and quite like it.

I need a replacement for XMLTV Gui, now that RadioTimes has changed its format, making film catagories useless for organising my recordings. I also think RadioTimes will block grabbers soon!

Is there a support forum for WebGrap+Plus as I have a few small issues, and the "comments" on the WebGrab page is a little confussing and unhelpful.

Thanks

peter

HomeY

Post by HomeY » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Sjakko / Powermarcel10,

TNX for the nice discussion / explanation in this thread. It helped me setup WebGrab+ but i haven't been able to get it to work completely.

I'm using tvgids.nl for the TV Channels (except Veronica) and gids.publiekeomroep.nl for a few radio channels. The radio channels are getting imported correctly, but i noticed that they supply only 4 days of EPG. Is that correct?

I'm not getting any info from tvgids.nl. When i used publiekeomroep.nl as source the data get imported into the EPG correctly, but also max 4 days. Is tvgids.nl blocked between several hours to reduce their serverload or something?

I was hoping for at least 7 days of EPG, since my provider (Ziggo) already supplies me with 4 days of DVB EPG.

TNX for any help/tips ;)

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:16 pm

HomeY wrote:Sjakko / Powermarcel10,

TNX for the nice discussion / explanation in this thread. It helped me setup WebGrab+ but i haven't been able to get it to work completely.
No problem!
HomeY wrote:I'm using tvgids.nl for the TV Channels (except Veronica) and gids.publiekeomroep.nl for a few radio channels. The radio channels are getting imported correctly, but i noticed that they supply only 4 days of EPG. Is that correct?
4 days is normal for gids.publiekeomroep.nl. Its ini says "maxdays=4". Tvgids.nl has the same max 4 days I think.
HomeY wrote:I'm not getting any info from tvgids.nl.
I think this is because tvgids.nl made some changes to the website recently and tvgids.nl.ini needs an update. I received it via email from the author, together with an updated gids.publiekeomroep.nl.ini:

tvgids.nl.ini 2012-03-12:
Download

gids.publiekeomroep.nl.ini 2012-03-25:
Download
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.

HomeY

Post by HomeY » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 pm

TNX Sjakko ;)

I've been using the files from Site.Ini.Pack9.2 (21-2-2012) so that might explain.
I'll try the attached files and see how that goes.

I hope that tvgids.nl supplies more days, because else i'm just as good of (except for radio that is) to use the DVB EPG supplied by Ziggo.

** EDIT **

That did the trick Sjakko, those new files are working nicely!

I did increase the # of days in the ini's to 7 and it seems there's more data to grab :)
For example (Radio):

Code: Select all

<programme start="20120408233000 +0200" stop="20120409000000 +0200" channel="BNR Nieuwsradio">
That's the last entry for that channel and that's almost 7 days. TV is still running, but i hope to get the same results with that.

** EDIT 2**

Code: Select all

<programme start="20120408230000 +0200" stop="20120408235500 +0200" channel="Nederland 1 HD">
For tvgids.nl there's also more info available than 4 days, so seems to work ;)

WGMaker

Post by WGMaker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:08 am

[12-April-2012] WebGrab+Plus Version update V1.1.0
This version adds an optional postprocessor that will add IMDb data (from IMDb.com) automatically to the xmltv output file. It does that in 4 steps:
1. Select shows from the xmltv input as candidate for postprocessing based on configurable selection settings
2. Tries to match the selected shows with IMDb entries, based on configurable matching settings.
3. Collect IMDb data for matched shows (Data collected : title, starrating, plot, description, review, viewer comments)
4. Merge of the collected IMDb data with the source xmltv data based on configurable allocation and presentation settings.

It also maintains a local mdb datafile that enables to re-use the data without timeconsuming reconnection with IMDb.com for the same show.

Many thanks to Jacon Berggren and Karsten Kugel for the apha testing and all the usefull suggestions for improvements.

Apart from this new postprocessor, the functionality of the EPG is improved with the option to grab from a subdetail html page. This can be used if certain epg data is on a available on a different html page than the two already available (index - and detail page)

[12 April 2012] Site.Ini.Pack10.0
Now containing siteini files for more than 100 Tvguide sites.
New siteini files for : Austria, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Sweden, UK and Spain (Basque) and updates for 22 siteini's.
Many thanks again to Willy de Wilde for contributing a lot of the new sites and updates.

Visit:
http://www.servercare.nl/Lists/Posts/Vi ... aspx?ID=98

Download links:
The program:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/WebGrab+PlusV1.1.0MSI.rar
The siteini pack:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni.Pack.10.rar
The list of all supported tvguide sites:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/SiteIni-List-Pack.10.pdf
The documentation:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Documentation.V1.0.9.pdf
A small utility that automatically installs the required .net versions for the msi installer version:
http://www.servercare.nl/Docs/Install%2 ... encies.rar

WG++Maker ... Jan

Wooderson

Post by Wooderson » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 am

I think I need help. I've got Webgrab+Plus installed and pulling EPG properly. The problem is I have to start it manually from the exe. I want to run it automatically from Task Scheduler, but I can't seem to pull that off.

I created a CMD file that reads:
COPY "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\EPG.xml" "C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV\XMLTV\EPG.xml"

When I click on that to run it, a command prompt box pops up just for a split second, not even long enough for me to read anything that it says in the box, then it's gone again and nothing happens.

Am I missing something in that code? I just copied it form an earlier post in this thread.