WebGrab+Plus and Argus - Supporter Thread

Discuss XMLTV grabbers or get help with XMLTV grabbing here
raki

Re: WebGrab+Plus and Argus - Supporter Thread

Post by raki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Malyngo wrote:How does Sky provide the Episode Info?
Probably in the description? I know TNT Film and Fox do this, they have this information in the description, in the form of "Staffel 1, Folge 13" or similar. The problem is, that Argus would have to parse the description for that, and this would have to be done for different languages, and different styles in the description (One German channel has it in the form of roman numbers in there, IV/12 means S04E13)
Hm, good point, that's not the right way.
Malyngo wrote:Hm, maybe Argus will keep the description if there is none provided in the XMLTV file?
But this is it! I already gave it a try, I put "description.modify{clear}" at the end of the WebGrab+ Ini file and the description tag was missing in the guide.xml file. Sadly Argus doesn't seem do ignore empty / not avaible tags, so I had an empty description. I will check it later again.

Is there any kind of documentation with an overview of the available functions and how to use them (for the WebGrab ini files)?

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm

There is a PDF file on http://webgrabplus.com/download
Scroll down to "Manual".

For the GuideEhancer (viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4003), I have some time ago created a matching method that will match the episode information from TNT Film and others.
If you are currently still on Argus 2.2, I can send you a working version of that, and you can just enable the matchmethod for the Episode Information in the description.

If you are running 2.3, I have some updated code that another user has managed to get running with Argus 2.3 with a few changes. I have to see when I can find the time to incorporate these changes myself (I myself am still running Argus 2.2, so don't have the immediate need to do that. Also, I currently don't need the GuideEnhancer anymore).

raki

Post by raki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Malyngo wrote:There is a PDF file on http://webgrabplus.com/download
Scroll down to "Manual".
Don't know why I couldn't find it yesterday, thanks!
Malyngo wrote: For the GuideEhancer (viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4003), I have some time ago created a matching method that will match the episode information from TNT Film and others.
If you are currently still on Argus 2.2, I can send you a working version of that, and you can just enable the matchmethod for the Episode Information in the description.

If you are running 2.3, I have some updated code that another user has managed to get running with Argus 2.3 with a few changes. I have to see when I can find the time to incorporate these changes myself (I myself am still running Argus 2.2, so don't have the immediate need to do that. Also, I currently don't need the GuideEnhancer anymore).
Unfortunately I'm on 2.3. Seems to be a good tool, I'll take a look at that.

But first I'm gonna try to get everything with WebGrab+ done. If Argus would just import the given tags and keep the rest from the DVB-EPG, everything would be fine.

raki

Post by raki » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Malyngo wrote:If you are running 2.3, I have some updated code that another user has managed to get running with Argus 2.3 with a few changes. I have to see when I can find the time to incorporate these changes myself (I myself am still running Argus 2.2, so don't have the immediate need to do that. Also, I currently don't need the GuideEnhancer anymore).
I think I'm gonna go with the Guide Enhancer for the EPG for the Sky channels since it's literally impossible to get a good epg for sky channels. The DVB-EPG is really good, full description and season / episode information. I would like to use that information for sky and only grab the free-tv channels for the season / episode information.

Long story short: It would be awesome if you could help me setting the GuideEnhancer up as soon as you have some time :).

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 am

Hi raki, head over to the Guide Enhancer thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4003&start=110#p34559
There is now a 2.3 compatible version available.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:04 am

Malyngo wrote:Yes, works like a charm.
It will also work with the xmltv_ns version you can download from the Webgrab website, but I also created a version with onscreen style, like S02E04.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... file%2cini
This version does it in the style S02E04/13 if the number of episodes in the season ist also available on the website, but you can easily change that if you want the plain S02E04 in there.
The onscreen version doesn't quite work like I expected, the recordings don't have the correct episode format, it is S00E00. It worked at first because the EPG still had the data from the xmltv version.

So rather use the xmltv version instead of my onscreen version. (Well, I guess I could use the %EpisodeNumberDisplay% in the naming scheme for recordings, but should lose the /totalepisodes for that)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 am

Malyngo wrote: The onscreen version doesn't quite work like I expected, the recordings don't have the correct episode format, it is S00E00. It worked at first because the EPG still had the data from the xmltv version.

So rather use the xmltv version instead of my onscreen version. (Well, I guess I could use the %EpisodeNumberDisplay% in the naming scheme for recordings, but should lose the /totalepisodes for that)
On_screen xmltv episode and season numbers can´t be referenced through placeholders from within Argus, that´s why I switched tvtoday to the *_ns (numeric) variant and added the ¨text version¨ at the end of the description - there you can reference it through schedules (¨description contains...¨).
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 am

Dear All

tvtoday.de.ini older than 2014-11-29 will stop working as per 2014-12-02 00:00.

Jan van Straaten, WG-Maker, changed my latest version of tvtoday.de.ini according to the site changes - pleaase download it from the first post viewtopic.php?p=25258#p25258
All your schedules will remain compatible. Thanks, Jan!

As a fallback solution, I updated the tvspielfilm.de.ini to an Argus and tvtoday compatible version with exmtv_ns episode numbering. All your schedules will remain compatible, also those, referring to "Season / Episode) text within the description.
Find the download link also in the first post viewtopic.php?p=25258#p25258 and please read the README, especially, as the TVSpielfilm.de-server has a very slow answering speed. On the other hand, the switch-over could be done by Search & Replace within the config file. So... nevertheless - done.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

New TVtoday.de.ini - major re-work & error correction

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Dear All

Please find attached to the first post (viewtopic.php?p=25258#p25258) the new TVtoday.de.ini file.
After the quick fix of Jan correcting major gap issues with a design change of TVtoday at the beginning of December, please find enclosed the new and re-worked TVtoday.de.ini file with closing of many remaining gaps at the "beginning of day", more robust episode detection, added age rating to description - and a general clean-up.

Recommended to all Argtus TV-users (all versions):
Fixed issues in attached Rev. 12:
  • Fixed programmatic gaps on day switch-overs due to wrong duplicate removal
    • For the time being: DO NOT REMOVE DUPLICATES on TVtoday.de, it creates faulty results and gaps
  • Fixed scrub of age rating and added age info to description
  • Fix of wrong episode recognition on shows with rated age and/or VPS time info
  • Made episode recognition more robust to exceptions
  • Empty season/episode infos are now removed: not shown as "0.0.0" anymore
This update is recommended for all TVtoday.de.ini-users, especially a "must-have" for Argus-TV users, as it closes your daily existing EPG gaps.

Kind regards - Chris

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Christoph21x wrote:Hey els,

don't try too long to fix an ini file by yourself, drop your needs here, we'll see if we can fix it or assist. This may also be in parallel to your efforts.
Sgibbers is most professional and I'd like to help, too.
Hi there,

Further to the kind offer above, I have popped back on here form some further advice on getting my EPG in order with WebGrab+Plus. I have been looking at the various webgrab guides available for the UK and TVGuide.co.uk seems to be the best one - covers nearly all of the channels I am after and provides Season and Episode numbers.

I did a test last night for one of the channels and the EPG showed the name of the show and the Episode/Season in the Argus TV Scheduler.

However, I recorded one of these programs and upon playback, it did not contain the Episode/Season information in the title or the synopsis. This is a bit of a problem as I like to know that I am watching a series in the correct order.

I would be really grateful to know how I might change the TVGuide.co.uk ini file to add Episode/Season information to the synopsis.

Thanks very much.