Database Recording History

keneo

Database Recording History

Post by keneo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

At the database level, how does the scheduler decide that it has already recorded an episode of a TV series?

I am trying to control the recorded history through my own external program. But I cannot seem to figure out what database change is necessary to prevent the scheduler from recording a given episode of a TV series. I have tried creating a record in the ScheduleRecordedProgram table. But that does not seem to be enough.

As a test, In the "Upcoming Recordings" list I used the context menu option to add a show to the Previously Recorded History. This creates an entry in the ScheduleRecordedProgram table and the show is removed the list of upcoming recordings. But If I then remove that entry from the database table manually (using MS SQL Server Manager Studio Express) the show does not re-appear on the list. What am I missing here?

I am using the plugin for MediaPortal, and MSSQL Server

luetty

Re: Database Recording History

Post by luetty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 pm

ScheduleRecordedProgram is the historytable, so you are right (ScheduleRecordedProgram.SheduleId linked to Shedule.SheduleId).
Maybe there is a trigger needed to recalculate the upcomming recordings.

dot-i
Site Admin

Re: Database Recording History

Post by dot-i » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Please use the API to add programs to the history, never ever manipulate the db directly. The scheduler simply won't be aware of what you did in many cases.

The API is available via REST and really easy to use.
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch