ARGUS TV to Lights-Out for Windows / Windows Server

Christoph21x

Re: ARGUS TV to Lights-Out for Windows / Windows Server

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 am

PaulAEvans wrote:So Chris came back from weekend away and found server had hung. No clues in event viewer. On reboot I could not start ATV2LO, it kept starting and stopped immediately.

Since then I uninstalled and re installed 3.0.0.8 and it went well and is still working OK.

Are you still looking for feedback for 3.0.0.9. I presume that event based version removes the need to poll every minute or so and only updates when an entry is changed in Argus.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Dear Paul
I´m extremely sorry for that your server hung! Excuse my silent days recently.
No, the 3.0.0.9 was unsuccessful try, I already deleted it and started implementation of event-based process on the base of 3.0.0.8.
Once again: excuse me.

Greetz & Thanks - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:55 am

Short note to ATV2LO 3.x-users with Argus 2.3 beta 12 or prior:
Due to cache handling, it may happen, that a wrong starting time is stored to LO.
This happens if you effectively change schedules through ¨indirect measures¨, examples are:
- changing Settings -> Pre- post-recording time
- activating / deactivating existing schedules in ¨Recordings¨
- changing Channels
- probably more cases
In those cases, the cache is not updated (in my case ¨endlessly¨) unless a recording schedule is created, deleted, or saved. Or until machine or service is restarted.
If you have sensitive recordings to come, please add/delete a schedule so that the cache is updated, then wait for upto three minutes until ATV2LO picked it up.
Or restart the machine after such changes for the time being.
Dot-i works on it.

ATV2LO 2.x on Argus 2.2.x is not affected
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Chris, thanks for note. Coincidentally I came across this bug yesterday. I was exploring the merging of services within Argus which caused havoc with schedules. I think there is a merge bug in b12 which needs exploring. Anyhow it resulted in in ATV2LO going round in an endless loop, gave 638 errors in log! Fortunately once I had finished my configuration on merging services, a simple restart of relevant services corrected the anomaly and system in now running sweet. :D

ATV2LO 3.0.0.8 is working well for me with b12.
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Paul, thanks for reporting back.
Do you still have the logs and could drop them? (Maybe PM?) I´d like to look at them, though, to see if there´s more than this.
Thanks in advance & knd regards - Chris

Jaques-Ludwig

Post by Jaques-Ludwig » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi,

I'm using ArgusTV 2.2.2 with ATV2LO 2.1.0.5 and all is working fine.

If I use ArgusTV 2.3 RC with ATV2LO 3.0.0.8 I got a problem with ATV2LO. The Dashboard on my WHS2011 says on the point "ArgusTV" that there is a problem. I think it was code -2 and sometimes -3.

ArgusTV 2.3 RC works fine.

How can I solve this problem?

Jaques-Ludwig

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi Jaques-Ludwig,

Could you please set the logging level to info and drop a zip containing the log?
Or copy the relevant part in a post using the quote-statements (see above the editor).
Does ATV2LO import the schedules to your LO correctly or not at all?
I must say, that probably the dashboard itself will be discontinued, as I will have not any chance to maintain or test it. I´d rather like to add a small GUI for all Win Versions as an application.

Greetz - Chris
Jaques-Ludwig wrote:Hi,

I'm using ArgusTV 2.2.2 with ATV2LO 2.1.0.5 and all is working fine.

If I use ArgusTV 2.3 RC with ATV2LO 3.0.0.8 I got a problem with ATV2LO. The Dashboard on my WHS2011 says on the point "ArgusTV" that there is a problem. I think it was code -2 and sometimes -3.

ArgusTV 2.3 RC works fine.

How can I solve this problem?

Jaques-Ludwig

Jaques-Ludwig

Post by Jaques-Ludwig » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:57 pm

It's not so easy to make a log file because I have to uninstall the old version, install the rc version and reconfigure all. I need first time for this :-)

I don't need the dashboard version. I would only need a application that writes into the lightsout calender because the server would go to standby during a record.

I will take a look this week.

Tanks,

Jaques-Ludwig

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Jaques-Ludwig wrote:It's not so easy to make a log file because I have to uninstall the old version, install the rc version and reconfigure all. I need first time for this :-)

I don't need the dashboard version. I would only need a application that writes into the lightsout calender because the server would go to standby during a record.

I will take a look this week.

Tanks,

Jaques-Ludwig
Take your time, JL!
Just to know: ATV2LO should work for you, even if you would get an (initial) error. The 2.3RC-version is still not a final version, the event-driven update is missing; currently it's updated cyclically.

Greetz - Chris

Jaques-Ludwig

Post by Jaques-Ludwig » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

With the new 2.3 version Lightsout still doesnt work on WHS 2011. No entry in the kalender.

Stephan

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Jaques-Ludwig wrote:With the new 2.3 version Lightsout still doesnt work on WHS 2011. No entry in the kalender.

Stephan
In order to assist you pinning down your problem I can confirm that LightsOut v1.5.7.2284 is working satisfactory with Argus 2.3 on a Windows 7 Professional platform
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3