SchedulesDirect JSON client

Other clients written by the community
geoffstewart

SchedulesDirect JSON client

Post by geoffstewart » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:51 pm

SchedulesDirect has two services available.

The first is a re-write of the original SOAP-based API. It has been working for a while now and even after the switchover from Tribune in the last few months seems to still be OK.

The second is the new-ish JSON-based API. It has a slightly different way of doing things. I've written a plugin to the GuideImport to use this new API. Why? Well, the one feature available in the new API is the the Season and Episode information is there. So the SxxExx is given with every program so you can now have your recordings show up correctly in TV Series in Media Portal, or in any other tool without any massaging of the data.

Here's a test version of the app. I've only just added a new plugin and some required DLLs in the root directory of the app as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Geoff
Attachments
GuideImporter-TEST.zip
Test version of Guide Importer with new Schedules Direct JSON plugin.
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 1952 times

ams123

Re: SchedulesDirect JSON client

Post by ams123 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Would love to here others experience on this. This feature is one I am interested in but am not looking to break my system that I just spent and ungodly amount of time on after switching over from WMC.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm

ams123 wrote:Would love to here others experience on this.
Me too ;)

g

et23kochie

Post by et23kochie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 am

Install instructions? I tried adding the new files to the current Guide Importer files, but the new plugin didn't show up in the drop down then.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi there,

This is a complete image of the Guide Importer. To install means to extract the files in the zip to a directory different from your current Guide Importer... like, c:\temp\Guide Importer TEST\ or something.

Then, you can launch the Guide Importer from within the c:\temp\Guide Importer TEST\ directory.

The JSON client is one of the 3 options.

Thanks for looking and good luck.

Geoff

ams123

Post by ams123 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:13 pm

geoffstewart wrote:Hi there,

This is a complete image of the Guide Importer. To install means to extract the files in the zip to a directory different from your current Guide Importer... like, c:\temp\Guide Importer TEST\ or something.

Then, you can launch the Guide Importer from within the c:\temp\Guide Importer TEST\ directory.

The JSON client is one of the 3 options.

Thanks for looking and good luck.

Geoff
Unfortunately this is what I tried and it did not work for me. My current Guide Importer install is within my Argus TV program folder so I added this image as ArgusTV\Guide Importer Test\ and also renamed the same as the original just in case. In all cases when I launched the .exe Guide importer launches but non of the plugins are in the drop down and all of the buttons (configure/import etc..) are grayed out.

et23kochie

Post by et23kochie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 pm

I get the exact same thing. It opens with none of the plugins listed. It is just an empty drop down.
ams123 wrote:
Unfortunately this is what I tried and it did not work for me. My current Guide Importer install is within my Argus TV program folder so I added this image as ArgusTV\Guide Importer Test\ and also renamed the same as the original just in case. In all cases when I launched the .exe Guide importer launches but non of the plugins are in the drop down and all of the buttons (configure/import etc..) are grayed out.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:25 pm

This is odd.

I just downloaded the zip in this thread.... unzipped it to c:\downloads, ran ArgusTV.GuideImporter.exe and it worked... the SchedulesDirectJSONService is one of the choices.

You are running the exe from the newly created directory and no plugins show up? Is there a plugins directory in the directory where hte exe is?

I used 7zip to create the zip... maybe the windoze explode zip function doesn't like it.

g

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:23 pm

OK,

I zipped the stuff again with windoze... see if that helps.

g
Attachments
GuideImporter-TEST-WindowsZip.zip
zipped this file with windows explorer in case the issue is with 7zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 1920 times

et23kochie

Post by et23kochie » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:46 am

EDIT- Got it. You need to extract it with a program running with administrator rights. Testing now.
Attachments
Unzipped.jpg
Unzipped.jpg (174.36 KiB) Viewed 90528 times